spray can marble

Started by 57larry, June 22, 2013, 09:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

57larry

how can I remove the marble from a spray can? thanks

enjenjo

Knock a hole in the can LOL. Use a nail, and do it inside a plastic bag. Enlarge the hole with a punch, and shake the ball out the hole. If you are looking for something round, you will probably be disappointed. It's rounded but not round. Pretty low grade steel. But if you drill a hole in one, it makes a good swedge sleeve  for a brake cable.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

I've got a wine glass of marbles sitting in the sun room at the cabin that I took from paint cans.  They're purees.  Most are mint green but some are cobalt blue, light blue, yellowish, and light red.  I just use an old beer can opener to punch a couple of holes next to each other in the bottom and the marble comes right out.  There's also enough paint still in the can to brush paint stuff.
George

enjenjo

I have never found a real marble in a paint can.Tomorrow I will dig some out of the trash, and see if I find any. The paint I use is usually cheap, maybe thats why I always get steel slugs.

Harry

First...empty the spray can....

chimp koose

I can just see the look on my doctor's face when I tell him the reason I am getting sown up again is that I was trying to get the marble out of a spray can.Is there something special about them?

57larry

thanks for the info. the last can I opened, I got paint all over my kids bikes, the riding mower and myself. that was over 20 yrs ago.

34ford

I have some in a drawer that I save and give to the grand kids to play with.

These came out of krylon paint cans. Just thought some of you non adventurous ones would like to see what's inside there rattling around. I usually lay the can on it's side and poke a hole with an awl along the bottom of the can to release the pressure, then drain out any paint, enlarge the hole and get the prize. FYI the small black dot on the top ring of a paint can is where the nozzle should be rotated to. That is where the siphon tube location is in the bottom of the can.

enjenjo

Quote from: "57larry"thanks for the info. the last can I opened, I got paint all over my kids bikes, the riding mower and myself. that was over 20 yrs ago.

If you set it about 50 ft away, and shoot it with a 22, it's fun, and you don't get paint all over you. :D

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"
If you set it about 50 ft away, and shoot it with a 22, it's fun, and you don't get paint all over you. :D
If you use a .45 the hole is big enough to get the marble out.

I'm at the cabin and a couple weeks ago I shot a full can of expanding foam insulation that the nozzle broke off.  I only used a 9mm but it was cool.  Didn't find a marble but there was lots of expanding splatter. :D
George