Windshield Wipers

Started by 40 Chev Coupe, June 17, 2013, 10:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40 Chev Coupe

Looking to up grade my windshield wipers on my 40 Chev. Does anyone know of a systemthat will work in replacement of the originalS?

enjenjo

https://www.newportwipers.com/ Can;t beat them. Works with the original wiper transmissions
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

40 Chev Coupe

Have a set of Newports in there now, they haven't worked very well since put in. Better off using Rain x. Looking for a set that will fit in using modern wiper blades

enjenjo

Quote from: "40 Chev Coupe"Have a set of Newports in there now, they haven't worked very well since put in. Better off using Rain x. Looking for a set that will fit in using modern wiper blades

What type of problem with the Newports? Anco make an adjustable wiper arm that will fit the stock transmission, in some cases I have shortened the arm to make it fit. This arm will take modern blades. These people carry the parts  https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/shop/search.lasso?search=wiper+arms&year=All&dept=Car&searchtype=FT&Go=Go

40 Chev Coupe

Not enough power to make the wipers work. Tried the conversion kit from Chevs of the 40, but that only stripped the knurls. Thats why Im looking for one from a car or truck if I can find one that works.

enjenjo

I have not had a problem with power, having installed several sets in one make or another.  The motor itself is an OE application for a car with much larger wipers.

UGLY OLDS

Are the shafts lubed & the chains adjusted properly  :?:  

You have the same wiper towers ,(Transmissions), that are in the Ugly Olds   :?    I lubed & adjusted them as part of the original build ....  I still run a rebuilt vacuum motor , (identical to OE on your Chev),  & my wipers work fine ....  My only issue is when the windshield gets "buggy" ...
It gets kinda "smeary".... :lol:

Bob ... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****