Insurance

Started by 34ford, May 28, 2013, 11:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

34ford

Time to do the insurance on the coupe. Used the quote tools on the web for Hagerty and it was $750 for the year.  Did the CHROME and it was $344 for the year.  Used "Stated" value for both of them. Have my regular insurance with Auto Owners and it is the same "Stated" value and it's $360. The language in the AO insurance seems to be a little confusing to me as "Stated" amount. Says it will be settled on the actual cash value at time of loss.  Chime in and help me out fellas.

thanks bob

phat rat

Stated value is what they determine the car to be worth at time of loss. You want AGREED VALUE, that will pay the agreed amount. I'm with Grundy and pay $351 a year for $51,000 agreed value on my cpe. So if they determine the cpe is a total loss they will pay the $51,000 not a lower amount that some adjuster sets as would be the case with stated value.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat rat"Stated value is what they determine the car to be worth at time of loss. You want AGREED VALUE, that will pay the agreed amount. I'm with Grundy and pay $351 a year for $51,000 agreed value on my cpe. So if they determine the cpe is a total loss they will pay the $51,000 not a lower amount that some adjuster sets as would be the case with stated value.

Yuuuuup.  I have Grundy on my stuff. Agreed value. Never filed a claim
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Ohio Blue Tip

I have Grundy on a $20K car and it's at $195.00 per year.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Learpilot

The agreed value works with Grundy. When I rolled my 1936 Dodge Coupe and was totaled. I was paid the agreed value.  Very good People !!!
Rick

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yep, agreed value with Grundy for all three of my cars.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

papastoyss

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Yep, agreed value with Grundy for all three of my cars.
Hello friend,ya gonna make it down to Bowling Green next weekend?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "papastoyss"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Yep, agreed value with Grundy for all three of my cars.
Hello friend,ya gonna make it down to Bowling Green next weekend?

Not this year as it's the same weekend as the hydroplane races on Tawas Bay (Lake Huron) where our family's beach cottage is.  Turn 3 right right off our beach.  We're having a "girl's weekend" up there.  I'm bummed both events landed on the same weekend this year as HRR is one of my most favorite event.   Have fun!  xoxox
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.