OEM headlight plastic socket

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, June 02, 2013, 07:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Working  with 1983 Monte carlo.. OEM  retangluar headlites .

the plastic socket connectors for the wires are falling apart.  Looking for OEM style replacement so I can simply plug  the OE wire connector end into the new plastic part.

I found Dorman 85810 and 85809  for GM headlite use. 2 connector , 3 connector  designs

Can not tell if these would simply accept the OE wire harness connector end so I do NOT have to cut wires.  I hate to cut the wires to splice in a pigtail
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

That Dorman number will not accept the original terminals. This one will  http://www.delcity.net/store/Three-Wire-Connector/p_798115  I have some used ones if you want them.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

Quote from: "Crosley"Working  with 1983 Monte carlo.. OEM  retangluar headlites .

the plastic socket connectors for the wires are falling apart.  Looking for OEM style replacement so I can simply plug  the OE wire connector end into the new plastic part.

I found Dorman 85810 and 85809  for GM headlite use. 2 connector , 3 connector  designs

Can not tell if these would simply accept the OE wire harness connector end so I do NOT have to cut wires.  I hate to cut the wires to splice in a pigtail

the AC delco part number is LS144. for the 3 wire headlight pigtail.

at oreilly..
BWD - Pigtail/Socket  3 wire..
$2.99 Each
Part # : PT121   |  Line: BWD

wellsve    duralast from autozone..  perhaps available.
Part Number: 303

enjenjo

Quote from: "wayne petty"
Quote from: "Crosley"Working  with 1983 Monte carlo.. OEM  retangluar headlites .

the AC delco part number is LS144. for the 3 wire headlight pigtail.

at oreilly..
BWD - Pigtail/Socket  3 wire..
$2.99 Each
Part # : PT121   |  Line: BWD

wellsve    duralast from autozone..  perhaps available.
Part Number: 303

Those will not fit the original terminal either.

All three of them use a Bosch style terminal, while the OE terminal is a Packard 59 style. You might be able to modify the plug body with a small file to take the 59 style terminal

Crosley.In.AZ

Photo of the connector .  Plastic fell off this one completely
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"Photo of the connector .  Plastic fell off this one completely

That is a Packard 59 terminal A good way to clean them is to get some Tarnex, pour some in a small container, and immerse the terminal in it for 10 minutes or so. Rinse with water and it will look like  new. Smear some dielectric grease on it, and it will stay that way.

The Packard plug bodies are out of production, everyone I checked is out of stock. Like I said, I have some good used ones, I can send some to you. You need two 2 wire, and two 3 wire, correct?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
That is a Packard 59 terminal A good way to clean them is to get some Tarnex, pour some in a small container, and immerse the terminal in it for 10 minutes or so. Rinse with water and it will look like  new. Smear some dielectric grease on it, and it will stay that way.

The Packard plug bodies are out of production, everyone I checked is out of stock. Like I said, I have some good used ones, I can send some to you. You need two 2 wire, and two 3 wire, correct?

Yes, please,  if  you have them
Tony

tomslik

hey Simca, i'm pretty sure i've got a pair of new ones but they're brown;)

if you don't have any luck locally give me a hollar and i'll walk out to the shop and snag 'em + mail 'em to ya.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

I have two and two in a box, PM your address

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have two and two in a box, PM your address

PM  Sent.  8)
Tony

enjenjo

On the way Tony, you should have them thursday