DLC No Go..01 'Burb.

Started by Arnold, May 20, 2013, 08:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

Quote from: "Arnold"Thanks again for all your help guys :D

I got a bit of a break from all the storms lately.

Another little weird thing happened..it would shift into all ranges EXCEPT
lo range?

I went over the fuses,panels..wiggling..all seemed ok.
I then pulled off the LOWER cover for the fuse panel in the engine compartment
to do some more wiggling.

I could not really tighten it.  :shock: Wtf? The end of the cable where it attached to the fusel panel LOOKED like it was just a conventional cable end with a hole in it for a bolt/screw etc to connect.There was some sort of a nutsert thinggy behind AND in it? I had to push the flat end of the connector down onto the mount on the fusel panel tight AFTER I had fully loosened this bolt THEN instal and tighten the little bolt. Whatever? This looked stock.

Got a picture of this location? Get any code's now?

Arnold

Quote from: "rooster"

lo range?

I could not really tighten it.  :shock: Wtf? The end of the cable where it attached to the fusel panel LOOKED like it was just a conventional cable end with a hole in it for a bolt/screw etc to connect.There was some sort of a nutsert thinggy behind AND in it? I had to push the flat end of the connector down onto the mount on the fusel panel tight AFTER I had fully loosened this bolt THEN instal and tighten the little bolt. Whatever? This looked stock.

I would if I could..pictures WERE a pain for me..(on dial up)..but I COULD
the odd time when I took my lap top where there was WiFi..then my lap to started to act up..along with Isp's at home.I gotta get that fixed.Can't sell ANYTHING! anymore without pictures.

Location..Well..the huge black fuse box (a foot square and a foot high) or thereabouts right behind the battery on my 2001 Suburban. I have no idea what others look like..no wait..my GF's GMC 2500 HD (2001) has the same box too). I took the lid off,then I took off the bigger plastic shroud?
that goes over the box and over the wiring harness below. This exposes the wiring harness's,and some connectors.It also exposes a battery cable
that goes right from the end of the fuse panel to the battery and then is factory fused into another cable at the battery and goes to the junction(boost point) mount.
 On mine there is of course that cable(really short) about a foot..that goes to the fuse panel from the battery. At the end of this cable is a connector with a hole in it. In this hole went..goes? seems like a nutsert.
One has to press down hard on this cable end connector and this nutsert thinggy..to the fuse panel..then start the bolt that goes through the nusert from above and into the fuse panel.
 This looks factory..it is also pretty tricky to get on and tighten too :twisted:

Nothing but nothing surprises me with cop vehicles anymore.
  You think this thing would even be in my driveway if it didn't
have 380h/p 373 14 bolt aggressive locker. It ALSO rides so rough that the changes from fall to spring on a major highway make me not want to even drive it there now.

Bet I know now what happened. I think there was a spade terminal
just ABOVE the fuse panel mount.It got pulled out..there wasn't really a tight connection..toasted the last alternator.
  I bought it and was about to toast another. I dunno..maybe it is wrecked..or about to dump..better grab a spare from the bone.

Yep..sound about right to me now..

Thanks very much again guys! :D

Arnold

Quote from: "rooster"

lo range?

Forgot..sorry..no codes. Scanner APPEARS to be working properly.
I don't know how there can be no codes now. I did not erase any.Whether some will  come back in a blink..and store them. You never even knew they were there.Been there done that till I ended up scanning them.
Then there were some that self erased leaving no code after so many cycles.