License and registration please!

Started by Digger, May 18, 2013, 11:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digger

Saw 2 cop cars that had several streetrods stopped today, all had their hoods up. Anybody know what Illinois is up to? :?
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

58 Yeoman

Cops are really interested in street rod engines?   :shock:

Geez, what's next?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

The search for Jimmy Hoffa continues?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Digger

Quote from: "Crosley"The search for Jimmy Hoffa continues?
:ha)

Digger

wayne petty

probably looking for tampered emission controls...

CHP will do the same thing to imports with obvious mods.. them take them and smash them flat since they have been tampered with.. there is so much car theft here.. the CHP actually gets under the hood and check VIN numbers on the engines and transmissions also..  i think its over 50,000 cars a year vanish here in los angeles county... and only 42% get found..

what's funny.. when the cars go to the crusher.. the rims and tires have already been swapped for temp spares on all 4 corners.. hmm..  who got them.. thats almost like the friend who got pulled over for going in excess of 120... and the towing bill was excessive..  the tow order showed it had to be dollied in as there were no rims and tires on the car when it was impounded..   another friend back in the 80s lost the heads and intake off his bbc while in impound.. the impound said that CHP confiscated them..  CHP denied everything.

rumrumm

Illinois does not concern itself with emissions on street rods, and I have never seen the state police pull over a street rodder, although it has probably happened for speeding and other such violations. However, I have seen them stop and monitor the scene of a breakdown on the interstate more than once.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Digger

Quote from: "rumrumm"Illinois does not concern itself with emissions on street rods, and I have never seen the state police pull over a street rodder, although it has probably happened for speeding and other such violations. However, I have seen them stop and monitor the scene of a breakdown on the interstate more than once.
Yeah these cars probably all broke down-WINK WINK :wink:

Digger