HF blast cabinet

Started by purplepickup, March 05, 2013, 07:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONE37TUDOR

If you do purchase the HF one you can get parts for it and even upgrade it by using pieces from TP tools. The carry a lot of blasting equipment.

Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

purplepickup

Well, I learned a couple of things today.  One, I sure like having a place that rents time on their blasting equipment.  I did two complete dirt bike exhausts, a swingarm, a frame, exhaust shields, and a fork brace for $15.  The other thing is that if I do get a cabinet, I definitely want a foot control.  The cabinet I used today had one.
George

river1

I picked up a HF cabinet yesterday for $80 off of craigslist. i'll be siliconing the seams,  raising it up some and adding some kinda dust control  set up. I have a number of projects in mind that needed blasting as part of them so this will hopefully help get them started

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Charlie Chops 1940

I have two different media blast machines.

The first one I bought 25 years ago or so was a TIP pressure blaster for outside use. That is a pressurized vessel, not gravity feed and uses a hood and particle mask. It's quick and messy but I sweep up the sand, dump it through a sieve a couple times. By then it's just dust. I deposit the used sand in the scruffies behind the shop. I use this for steel wheels, springs, chassis parts, etc.

The second unit is steel blast cabinet I bought from Tool Plus in Ohio about 20 years ago. It was actually made in Grand Haven, MI. It's 4'x2' and came with a dust collector which does a fine job - no dust in the shop at all. I use glass beads or really fine dried sand, sometimes the black beauty stuff like Enjenjo mentioned. This unit is a siphon feed and not as effective as the pressure pot but it's clean and great for small parts.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

kool , to see a few bargins picked up like Rivers1 mentions.

I still use my blast cabinet from TiP Tools in Ohio. Bought that unit in early 1990's    ......  as I recall they got away from the outdoor blasting equipment
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)