Des Moines IA

Started by RAJ484, May 02, 2013, 08:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAJ484

Hello. My wife and I are coming to Des Moines for the Mecum Auto Auction July 18, 19, 20. We are looking for a good safe place to stay. We have a car we will be selling (hopefully). Any suggestions?
It drove into my garage...it DID drive back out!!!

jaybee

Any of the hotels near the Des Moines airport are reasonably priced and it's a safe neighborhood. That's my part of town and I'd walk around by myself after dark with no worries.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

RAJ484

Quote from: "jaybee"Any of the hotels near the Des Moines airport are reasonably priced and it's a safe neighborhood. That's my part of town and I'd walk around by myself after dark with no worries.

You know, after I posted that, I got to thinking about the "safe" comment. I really didn't mean to imply that Des Moines wasn't safe. I know that here in Albuquerque, the area around the state fair grounds isn't the best part of town and I wouldn't recommend any motels/hotels in that area. But thank you for the information. We'll be in a pickup with a 20ft enclosed trailer with the car in it. Right now, the have us scheduled for Saturday afternoon/evening. Again, thank you for the information.
It drove into my garage...it DID drive back out!!!

jaybee

No offense taken, and I'm happy to help.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Mikej

Ankeny is closer to the fair grounds. Its just north of des Moines. Motels on 1st St.

UGLY OLDS

Hey  RAJ484

Check your PM's......

Bob ...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****