my 31 coupe is finally drivable

Started by manyolkars, June 24, 2005, 02:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manyolkars

It may not be 'hotrod' enough for this forum but the  Model A purists have already sneered at it and called it a hotrod. :)  It has a new Bill Stipe Model B cam and a Lion speed head with 7 to 1 compression.  New babbitt, fresh bore, aluminum valve cover lots of stainless steel bolts, I have a dropped axle for it next with 39-48 Lincoln brakes and I'm going to paint the roof insert elastomeric white.  The roof insert gets lots of attention. It was cut out of a 65 4dr Nova. It fit perfectly with no bending or forcing. After I trimmed it to fit, I tacked it along the inside of the original tack strip rails.  This will allow the tack welds to be easily cut if any roof wood needs to be replaced and then the insert can be easily lined up and tacked down again.   Using the original welt will prevent the purists from knowing that its a steel insert instead of the fabric that leaks so badly.

Fat Cat

It may not be "Hot Rod" enough for some but I like it. Of Course I like just about anything with wheels. I even spent the whole day today looking at antique tractors.

manyolkars

I just found my old post. Since then the car got 16" wheels, dropped axle, fully synchronized 3 speed w/overdrive, new brakes with a combination of 1939 Lincoln backing plates, 40 Ford drums and 76 Chevy shoes, dropped floor in the trunk and a picture taken at night.

edit: how to make the picture bigger?

phat46

Quote from: manyolkarsI just found my old post. Since then the car got 16" wheels, dropped axle, fully synchronized 3 speed w/overdrive, new brakes with a combination of 1939 Lincoln backing plates, 40 Ford drums and 76 Chevy shoes, dropped floor in the trunk and a picture taken at night.

edit: how to make the picture bigger?[/quote

I'd like to see a bigger picture of it too. I usually open my pics with "Paint" to change their size. I always have to reduce my pics, but it works both ways.

39deluxe

I'd also like to see some pictures of the updates in the day time. I like it.

chimp koose