Arizona Drag strips are disappearing

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 27, 2013, 10:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"as much as I love speedworld.....and I love the fact we have two tracks.
If the new management co. runs firebird correctly it could be an awesome facility.  

The firebird name and tennants are supposed to be out on the 30th right?  that means someone is taking over the lease?

What I hear is:

March 31 , the Charlie Allen lease is over, finished , done..  

What I do not know :  If the Tribe is operating Firebird via hired management team or an independent company has come in under a new lease to operate FireBird.  I mostly hear of a new company coming in, yet no names are mentioned to me at least.... some one knows , some where.  LOL

It would be nice if a new grass roots effort & growth happens with the Firebird drag strip.  For many years the spectator numbers at Speedworld have been low or non existent.

With the quality , power and speeds run under heads-up racing in the recent 5 - 7  years I am quite surprised by low spectator count.  PSCA races here have such low spectator counts , it surprises me

With low spectator attendance , the vendor attendance drops  and the cycle repeats it's self till nobody but the racers and their family are there
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)