Waterless coolant

Started by Learpilot, February 12, 2013, 09:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Tony, are we trying to remember or remember who's an old guy?
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, are we trying to remember or remember who's an old guy?

:?  :?

Maybe we should check with Frank...   :?:  

He seems to have a handle on "Old Guy" stuff...

( I think I may have just volunteered for "Canopy Assembly" at the Zoo for the next few years  :roll:  :roll:  :lol:  )

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut

Heh, heh, wish we had a  like button here like Facebook has. I really wanted to put a 'like' on Mooses post.

Also on Thursday I did a photo shoot at Tulsa car show and again noticed that 90% of the guys there were just fat old graybeards, never seen so much gray/silver hair.

http://carnut.com/show/13/stul/tulp1.html

Also just happened to drop buy a guys personal car collection and take pics while there. The guy was Bruce Ricks and had the 2011 Ridler Award winner.

http://carnut.com/photo/garage/ricks/picsp1.html

Really must be nice to be rich.

Anyhow back to the anti freeze discussion, I recently needed some on my latest radiator install and almost got caught with pre mix, until I glanced a little closer and noticed what it was, went back tracked down some real anti freeze, I'm not real good at discerning things so it kinda scared me that both kinds looked so similar, I can see me in the future getting the wrong stuff. Such a shame for this kinda stuff to happen, but then again we're lucky anti freeze is still available with the Useful idiots all going to lectric cars.

kb426

George, Mr. Ricks has nice toys. thanks for the pics.
TEAM SMART

1800guy

My understanding was that distilled water should not be used in engines because the water would "re-mineralize" itself by drawing iron, etc. from the block.  Is this not correct?
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

Arnold

Quote from: "1800guy"My understanding was that distilled water should not be used in engines because the water would "re-mineralize" itself by drawing iron, etc. from the block.  Is this not correct?

I don't know :lol:  I have heard that. I have also heard that it is the minerals in "non distilled" water that can bring about the end of the universe if you put it in an engine or a battery..
 I worked around $1m train locomotives..the water for those went in
FROM THE TAP :!:
 I use tap water.