GNRS in Pomona

Started by Glen, January 10, 2013, 10:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

anyone else going?  Kramer and I are taking my Nova, my painter has a vendor booth and asked me to go along.  I have never been and it should be a good time.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I've been many times.  You are going to have a blast.  Go early enough and take in all the shops that have open houses earlier in the week.  Also, make sure you make it to the Petersen AND call ahead of time and make a reservation to see the "Vault".  They have started guided tours of the basement for $25.00 for a limited time only.  I have been allowed access to this level in the past.  Trust me when I tell you this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity and worth it at twice the cost.  Must make arrangements NOW as I can imagine they will be sold out during GNRS week.

If you do go to the Petersen have lunch at Philippes...the BEST french dip you will ever have in your life.  It's kinda downtown as well.
http://www.philippes.com/
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

sirstude

I agree with Denise, on the Peterson, I have never done the Vault, and this trip, because it is for training, I won't have time for going down that far south.  I know 50 miles or so is not far, but with being in school until 4:30 or so, the drive takes more time than the Museum is open.  Sure looking forward to the Roadster Show, this will be my second time there, but the first time I had less than 3 hours to look around, talk about a run.

See you there
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us