WTB

Started by 40 Chev Coupe, December 20, 2012, 10:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40 Chev Coupe

Looking for a title for a 1928 Ford Tudor sedan, anybody got one or know where I could get one? I've had this car for about 7 months, it's in to good of shape to part or scrap out. So, I would like to finish restoring it, but need a title before I go any farther with any money.
If I don't find one pretty soon scrap yard it goes.

Arnold

Check with your local or state DMV and see what they can do.
Maybe even the local police.
There are some places where you can get an o/s by swearing out an affidavit. They may make you go to a lawyer/notary public etc.

phat46

I'd be carefull about getting a title that doesn't match the numbers stamped on your framerails.  You should be able to get a legal title for it through the DMV. If that's not possible in Wisconsin, you might be able to "sell" it to someone in Michigan and they can get it titled  and "sell" it back to you so you can transfer the Mich. title to a Wisconsin title.

phat rat

Quote from: "phat46"I'd be carefull about getting a title that doesn't match the numbers stamped on your framerails.  You should be able to get a legal title for it through the DMV. If that's not possible in Wisconsin, you might be able to "sell" it to someone in Michigan and they can get it titled  and "sell" it back to you so you can transfer the Mich. title to a Wisconsin title.

It's not as easy to  do that now. The law changed last Jan. now you need an appraisal and other bs
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Beck

It has been a few years but in Illinois I was able to get a bonded title. You need to purchase a bond from your insurance company. That is submitted with the title application. I don't konw if it is still an option. Illinois has gotten very sticky with the old car titles. I understand inspections are common now. An inspection wouldn't be a problem for you though. Illinois does them to keep from giving fiberglass reproductions original titles. If they show up and you have the real deal there isn't an issue.