34 Ford door handles again

Started by 47convert, August 13, 2004, 07:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47convert

It seems there are no reproduction stock style door latches out there. If anyone knows of someone doing a 34 with bearclaw latches, I'd sure like to buy there original stuff. My buddy removed his some time before he died and placed them where he knew where they'd be, I guess and now we can't find them. His wife is trying to put the car back together the way he would have done it (with original door latches) Thanx

EMSjunkie

Can't help you out with latches, but I have a pair of outside handles that came with my kit if ya want 'em. I'm shaving my doors so I do'nt need them. have you tried C.M. Moss?

Vance

"we are born naked, wet, and hungry, then it gets worse"
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Nick32Vic

Sorry, i cant help you out much 47convert but EMSjunkie, if 47convert doesnt need those handles can i get them? But thats only if 47convert doesnt need them.

Thanks,
Nick

EMSjunkie

EMSjunkie, if 47convert doesnt need those handles can i get them? But thats only if 47convert doesnt need them.

Sure!  I don't have a need for them, just shoot me an e-mail
coupefreak@msn.com I'd be happy to ship 'em to whomever can use them.

Vance

"we are born naked, wet, and hungry, then things get worse"
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

34ford

Might try Bob Drake. Don't know if they have them or not. If  they don't have them they might know someone who does.

Contact us either by phone or email;1-800-221-3673 or bobdrake@bobdrake.com.

47convert

Thanx guys, I think between my buddy and I we've tried everyone and they all say no-one makes the latches. Sure wish I'd gotten into this a bit before my friend died, but no-one likes to think about stuff like that when someone is that sick. I will check to see if the door handles are in the parts boxes and let you know. Appreciate the help.

threefive

why not beg borrow or steal a set from someone and take them to your local foundry and have some cast. in most cases it would be cheaper than off the shelf. ontario has lots of foundries.

threefive

why not beg borrow or steal a set from someone and take them to your local foundry and have some cast. in most cases it would be cheaper than off the shelf. ontario has lots of foundries.

Phil1934

I've got '34 handles and bear claws.  I just welded some 1/4"? key stock to the handles so they would reach the bear claws.

Carps

Bob Drake makes the handles, inside and out, also does the dovetails and strikers.  Seems strange that they don't do the other bits.

Have you tried Harold Looney at Vintique, he usually has everything and anything either repro or NOS?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

HotRod John

Wescotts has them.  This is the address to the latch index page.

http://www.wescottsauto.com/site2003C/m_door_indx.html

HotRod John

47convert

Thanx for the suggestions. I see dovetails (male and female) as well as striker plates but I don't see sedan style latches. I sent Wescott's an E Mail and hope I get a reply. These are not castings, but latch assemblies. My friend has some door handles so I guess we're fine as far as that end goes . Thanx again.

47convert

Turns out Wescott has only roadster latches - but I just found some locally through my post here. Thanx.