New Guy Again

Started by 50 F1, September 21, 2012, 01:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50 F1

Hello   My name is Mike I live up in Sterling Michigan. I was on here quite a few years ago, I was 30 Coupe back then but my email address has changed since the last time I posted so I had to think of a new user name. I still have the 30 Ford coupe but that is all done and I am back working on my 1950 Ford F1

I have been out West a few times with Sumner (1FATGMC) and I have met Tony, River1, Glen, DRD57. You guys probably don't remember me because it was a long time ago.

I have owned my 50 since 1978. The first time I did it it had the stock suspension, 302, fmx and I forget what the rear end was, 8" ford I think. In 1985 I wanted something different so I took it apart and started over. Now it has a 327, turbo 400, 9" ford narrowed, 4 bar coil over rear suspension, 33 x 19.5-15 mickey thompson rear tires tucked up under the fenders, bed shortened 9", top chopped 6", front frame clip from a 72 monte carlo.   Some of the work I farmed out because I didn't figure I had the talent to do it but now 20 years later I am fixing allot of problems I paid to have done.   It has a long way to go but I am back on it and having fun.  

I am sure I will have allot of questions and problems you guys can help me with.

Mike

enjenjo

I remember you. Welcome back.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

I also remember you mike :D  

Did you extend the seatbelt in the coupe yet?

Later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

WZ JUNK

Sumner mentions you a lot.  Welcome back.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Digger

Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

phat46

Welcome back, I'm gonna have to Google Sterling, not sure where it is.

50 F1

Thanks for all the welcome backs!!

Jim did we go for a ride and the seat belt didn't fit one of us?

phat46 Sterling is right across the bay from the thumb.  I grew up in AuGres and we live in between Sterling and West Branch now.

Mike

phat46

Quote from: "50 F1"Thanks for all the welcome backs!!

phat46 Sterling is right across the bay from the thumb.  I grew up in AuGres and we live in between Sterling and West Branch now.

Mike

Yup, Now I remember, on Old 76, used to take that way when we rode dirt bikes by west Branch or when we went to my brothers cabin up by Damon. Like to stop at the * Store in Alger, great area!

river1

Quote from: "50 F1"Thanks for all the welcome backs!!

Mike

Yup the passenger seat belt came no where near fitting me. Me thinks the  seatbelt still fits you pretty good  :lol:

Later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Charlie Chops 1940

Welcome back Mike.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

Welcome back Mike .....  8)

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****