Packard

Started by enjenjo, August 08, 2012, 12:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I finished up the right dogleg today, and fabricated the rear body mount. that allowed me to jack up the body and remove the right body sill. I knew it was worse than the left one, but I didn't realise how bad it was. It just fell apart as it came out, no wonder the right doors wouldn't close like they should. We have the right sill made, just have to drill the necessary holes, and make pockets for the crossmembers, and body mounts. The running board support is in much worse shape than the left side, so I had to remove it for repair too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

39deluxe

Keep it up and you will make a car out of that yet. Isn't it amazing how some people will take more time to poorly patch something that it would take to fix it right in the first place? The sheet metal and bondo looks like some of the messes I have run into on old Corvettes.

Tom

chimp koose

the mess some people make of a 'restoration ' is sometimes their best attempt with the tools and skills they posess.I think some guys get in over their head and dont realise it at first,then when it hits them they do a patch job as they cant afford to do it right or have it done properly . They do a patch job to make the best of a bad situation.If they do a job like that for themselves it is sort of understandable,a lesson learned about under estimating the time, talent and expense of 'doing it right'.They get hooked on the '9 second nova for $3500' articles in hot rod or car craft and think they can duplicate the result. What I really can not grasp is the guy who does that kind of work and CHARGES for it.