1939 Chevy front suspension

Started by trackster, September 13, 2012, 07:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster

Any body familiar with Chassis Engineerings bolt on Mustang II front suspension for the '37-'39 Chevy?   I'm not a welder so bolt on is attractive but have heard good things about Fatman's units.   Comments or complaints are welcome!
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

Learpilot

Quote from: "trackster"Any body familiar with Chassis Engineerings bolt on Mustang II front suspension for the '37-'39 Chevy?   I'm not a welder so bolt on is attractive but have heard good things about Fatman's units.   Comments or complaints are welcome!
I got a friend that put one under a 1941 Chevy and it went very easy.
He loves it and it aligned good and drives good also.
Rick

trackster

Thanks for the input.   We have decided to get it running and drive it as is for a while as we get a better picture of the direction and style we want.  Planning ahead, hopefully, will save some $ and work in the long run!!   Thanks again for the info.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

GPster

That might keep you from spending a lot of money and getting disgusted with it before it will even move under it's own power. There are also a bunch of answers that could come your way on simple/cheaper ways to do things. You don't have to go 120 MPH at 22 MPG and stop on a dime to drive down town to get an ice cream. Chevrolet used engines that could bolt into that car til '62 and that stock engine would be worth more if it ran. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Chassis Engineering Specializes in simple, easy to work with conversions for your car from front to rear ... If you can read instructions , drill holes & tighten bolts ....You will have a safe ..Up to date chassis .. No "Trick--One off " parts either .. All the late model parts used in their conversion kits can be purchased at your local NAPA .....  If you are serious about looking at their kits, they will provide instructions before you buy to verify the work is not beyond your skill level ...VERY good people to work with .... I have installed many of their products ......

Bob .......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

papastoyss

CE's justification for the bolt on design is the thiness of the GM "torque box" frames are not condusive to a weld on ft crossmember.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!