New NSRA show in 2013

Started by n.c.rodder, August 22, 2012, 08:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n.c.rodder

After replying to another post, I thought I'd throw this out there for everyone;

The NSRA will be going back to the Pacific Northwest in 2013. Vancouver, Washington will be hosting a new event the weekend after the Pueblo event. Look for the details in a future issue of StreetScene.

We were informed of the news during our Rep party at the Nationals.

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Boyd Who

Interesting.
I quit the NSRA after they pulled out of Spokane. They told us at the awards ceremony at the last event in '01 that all the rumours about them leaving the city were false, that they'd definitely be back in '02. Turns out they lied. Since getting my Essex in '08 I considered joining up again, then they switched to the sliding scale for eligible years and that put the nail in the coffin. To me the NSRA has always been for '48 and older vehicles. If I wanted to belong to an "open" group I'd join the local club.
And yeah...I'm turning into a crusty old fart. A man's entitled to his opinions, though.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Boyd Who"Interesting.
I quit the NSRA after they pulled out of Spokane. They told us at the awards ceremony at the last event in '01 that all the rumours about them leaving the city were false, that they'd definitely be back in '02. Turns out they lied. Since getting my Essex in '08 I considered joining up again, then they switched to the sliding scale for eligible years and that put the nail in the coffin. To me the NSRA has always been for '48 and older vehicles. If I wanted to belong to an "open" group I'd join the local club.
And yeah...I'm turning into a crusty old fart. A man's entitled to his opinions, though.

I did the same thing. Now that they're letting '83 and older in I still have my doubts about supporting them, and they don't seem to give a * - it's all about the $$$$$ ! Now they're even worse than Greedyguys, whose pre '72...so far!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Boyd Who"Interesting.
I totally agree with you!  I was always a member of NSRA til they changed to allow pre 83's in, then I quit. There are SO many shows now that allow all the newer stuff in and NSRA didn't have to do it "to go along with rquests from newer car owners", they did it strictly for the money. They could've stayed the way they were or even go up to '58, but 83 is rediculous!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Topsterguy

*! I HATE  Polish moments! Sorry, didn't even realize I had already posted on this - didn't look all the way down!