made in USA bearings

Started by river1, August 14, 2012, 10:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

http://mibearings.com/

Anyone use these guys?

they claim to sell made in the USA bearings. I figured some of our michigan area members might have

Thanks jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

purplepickup

Jim, I was in town today and drove past this place.  It is a little place with a sign in front that says Grand Traverse Underbody.  It's Sunday so I don't know what they do but I would just use a local distributor to buy bearings if I were you.
George

enjenjo

Jim,it's not really important toget US made bearings, but it is important to get brand name bearings. Timken for example makes bearings in over 40 countries.If it is a Timken bearing, it actually says Timken on the bearing itself, not just the box, it will be the same quality no matter where it's made. Some bearing sizes are made by Timken in only one or two countries,and shipped all over the world. Timken, SKF, Bower BCA, are all quality brands. There are others.

With these brands, they are so precise, that even the Original Equipment builders will use one brand bearing with another brand race. I used to see it all the time on truck wheel bearings.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

I understand the deal about buying name brands and in fact do just that. I also try when possible to buy USA made products.

My company a while back did a major revision of the equipment and in doing so put all new bearings in. A few months later we started haveing bearing issues. I checked all the bad bearings and they had china markings on them. I just shook my head  :roll:  they weren't name brand and I figured the company saved a little money with cheap bearings and paid more later

Later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.