Ford EFI system question

Started by junkyardjeff, July 08, 2012, 12:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I let it sit about a hour and fired right up so I might be gaining on it but will let it sit all day tomorrow and see how it does,I will pick up another filter if the problem persists and use it for a bypass and see if it improves.

rooster

Good to hear!

The real test will come when you start switching back and forth those tanks! You might have losened something up when you put air threw to canster.

I just went to the junk yard and got another for a single tank, only running 1 tank now, its just a backup truck for me!

junkyardjeff

It only has one tank and I wish now I would have converted it to the single in tank pump system like I was thinking about,if I come across a little newer bronco with the single pump systems I will grab all the parts so when I have problems again I will convert it.

rooster

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"It only has one tank and I wish now I would have converted it to the single in tank pump system like I was thinking about,if I come across a little newer bronco with the single pump systems I will grab all the parts so when I have problems again I will convert it.

I don't understand!!!

Are you saying it did at 1 time have 2 tanks?

PS: You might also find that line fitting on your old fuel pump if you havent tossed it.

more good stuff:
http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11509&highlight=

junkyardjeff

It has a single tank but dual pumps (all broncos have a single 30 gallon tank),it has a low pressure in the tank and one on the frame after the reservour to boost the pressure. I think after 91 the trucks got the single in tank system most of the cars had.

rooster

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"It has a single tank but dual pumps (all broncos have a single 30 gallon tank),it has a low pressure in the tank and one on the frame after the reservour to boost the pressure. I think after 91 the trucks got the single in tank system most of the cars had.

ok!

I think the single tank canister is pretty much bullet proof, some don't even have a filter in them, if they dont have a filter its marked in white letters " do not remove"  Maybe the inline filter is clogged!!!

junkyardjeff

I will change the filter if the problem persists,it only has about 1500 miles on it and would be * if it was the problem. The tank was clean when I put the pump in it so if its the problem it was made wrong.

junkyardjeff

Its better but still not like it should be,I am going to find someone parting out one with the single pump system when it gives me a problem again.