34th Annual Dixie Rod Run

Started by alchevy, March 19, 2012, 11:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

The street rod club that I am in (Mississippi Street Rod Association www.ms-sra.org) is hosting our pre-'49 event this weekend, March 23-26, 2012. I added it to the calendar. Got folks from OK, TX, AR, IL, TN, LA, MS, AL, & FL coming. It includes a swap meet.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

How did your event go? Any pictures?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

Quote from: "enjenjo"How did your event go? Any pictures?
I am working on getting the pictures onto my website. We had a great rod run. 160 registered street rods in one place. The new location turned out to be a good one. The Mississippi Braves (farm team of the Atlanta Braves) parking lot is large enough for us to grow in the coming years. We doubled the number we had last year. Some folks just sent a few to check things out and with the talk we are hearing, they will be bringing more street rodders back in 2013. The host hotel is already taking reservations for next year. We have over 30 rooms already booked. Some folks wanted to register for next year, but we were not expecting that. Now we have the 2013 flyer on the club website (ms-sra.org). The weather was perfect!
This Thursday night, we are going to be driving the players out onto the field for opening night.
Here is one picture for you to see. Where is the radiator?
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

The radiator is in the back.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

http://www.astreetrodder.com/page_2.htm is where you can find the pictures of this event. I finally found some software that would do a simple task that I wanted so I could get the pictures uploaded for your enjoyment.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

GPster

This old guy appweciates the size of the pictures in that site. As for the roadster pick-up in the smaller picture you only notice the facts that it has a straight six and no front mounted radiator. The bigger pictures let you see the "Pop Rivets" . Nice job on the home-made cab. How is it licensed? GPster

alchevy

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

"How is it licensed? GPster"

It was registered as a '30 Chevy.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com