Cooling components Fan install

Started by reborn55, July 08, 2012, 11:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

Haven't posted in awhile--but have a quick question
Installing CC fan in wife's 48 chevy--Just curious---the fan seems fairly straight forward install. Noticed CC fan sticker on shroud---makes no difference if it goes top or bottom--I installed it down to make it easier to run the wires down the left side of the car. With the sticker up the wires go to the right side. Figured it was time to install--running a little warm in traffic Thanks

kb426

I didn't notice on most models any reason to install a particular way. The one on my 32 has vent flaps that go at the bottom. Other than that fact, there was no reason for it to be directional specific.
TEAM SMART

reborn55

Thanks  mine has no flaps--so I didn't think it made a difference

Learpilot

I have one on my '40 and it is great. I did have a problem with the fan being loose, it would wobble until it got up to speed. I called Cooling Component and they sent me a small washer and clip for free. That did the trick ! It does not wobble at all.
I did get the Dakota Digital PAC-2700 fan controller. I like the way it works by using the sending unit from my temp gauge. It can also be used as  two speed or single speed. It also turns the fan on with the A/C compressor.  
Rick