Des Moines Good Guy's .....

Started by UGLY OLDS, June 18, 2012, 07:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Who plans on going ???
Want to meet on Saturday for lunch again ???
 Noon in front of Yogi's ???  
I'll be the Old guy shuffling along with the cane and wearing  a street rod shirt....... :?

Bob ...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

rumrumm

I will be there. I'm cruising into town on Thursday, and I will be on the grounds all day Friday and Saturday. A Saturday meeting in front of Yogi's sounds good!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

kb426

I waited too long to get a room. I think in about 6 months, as in right after they announce the schedule, I'll try for next year.
TEAM SMART

34ford

Quote from: "kb426"I waited too long to get a room. I think in about 6 months, as in right after they announce the schedule, I'll try for next year.

there should be rooms available. I can let you know where we've stayed in the past if you are not familar with the area.

Mikej

UGLY OLDS

Anybody Else    :?:  :?:  :?:

In front of Yogi's at Noon on Staurday for Lunch ...... :?:  :?:

Bob........... :wink:

Jokester

We'll be there in this 33 Chevy.  Don't know about the lunch meet though.  We're traveling with 2 other couples.  Maybe see ya there.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Carnut

kb426

Larry and George: great job! I wish I wish I was there. I've heard for years that this is a great show. I can't seem to work and play at the same time.
TEAM SMART

Jokester

This was a great show!  We broke down about 5 times over the course of the weekend and spent most of the time bending wrenches.  Finally ended up sending my car home on a trailer because my harmonic balancer had eaten out the keyway and I was afraid it would fall off and do some damage.  But it was the best show and venue I've been to in awhile.  The Sat nite cruise and the fireworks were worth the price.

We'll be back next year.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

UGLY OLDS

We too had a good time ...all things considered ..

Lost a water pump on arrival at registration .. ( Thankfully it was there & not 100 miles before that )...
We found a water pump at a vendor & took the car to the rod repair shop for assistance ... Those guys are SUPER !!

They not only changed the leaking pump , they even let me help .  :shock:
That prolly slowed them down but made me feel better I guess.  :lol:
They were surprised that my only concern was not making a mess on the nice clean shop floor ... ( I rate working in anti-freeze right up there with brake fluid & 90Wt oil ...YUCK ) ..

What surprised me was the people that come to them for help , get things fixed & never "Tip the bucket" or even say thanks ... I saw this first hand multiple times ...Very Sad .. Those guys work harder than you think & miss a good portion of the show while "On Duty" .....

They got us going but all the walking & "Over the fender" time took a toll on my back ..  :(  

Saw Lynn  ( RUM-RUMM) at the Saturday meet & greet but was hurtin too much to do lunch .. Was good to see him again ... Surprisingly nobody else showed up ... We were looking forward to meeting more people ..

Like others have said ..This is a NEAT show & we are looking forward to next year .....

Strange thing happened .. Someone on the HAMB posted a bunch of photos  he took while at the show ... It seems his camera went dead 3 photos AFTER snapping a shot of the Olds .... :shock:
Coincidence  :?:  :?

Bob....... :wink: