2012 NHRA HotRod Reunion Bowling Green

Started by Flipper, June 18, 2012, 09:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch27

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a great show.

Okiedokie

Great pictures. I was there a couple of years ago, hope to go again next year. I would love to see more of the red 40 tudor with wires and a small block Ford motor with uncut firewall.

papastoyss

Thanks for the pics Flipper. BTW the blue & white Ponyiac wagon push car is our friend Denise aka HotRod Lady Cruiser. Earl Schieb & another guy took her ft bumper off Sat. am & rigged the wooden push bar.Was the BBQ place in Scottsville we were talking about  named Smoke Shack?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Flipper

Quote from: "papastoyss".Was the BBQ place in Scottsville we were talking about  named Smoke Shack?

Could be...I'd have to drive by it again to know for sure.

oj

I thought that was Denise.
They got a different engine in the hilborn delivery truck!  They've had an injected sbc in the years past, but now an OFFY!  I want that engine SO BAD!  Pictures don't do them justice, i saw one of them in an old indy roadster and those engines are massive!  Incredible pieces of industrial art, thanks for the pics.
I liked what they did with the F100 taillight and tailgate too, that is a nice truck.
Thanks, oj

kb426

TEAM SMART

enjenjo

What happened to the 34 with a broken axle?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "enjenjo"What happened to the 34 with a broken axle?

The black '33 Ford Coupe went into the wall on his first run on Thursday.  As you know he's raced at the Ohio Mile and B'ville and runs around 186 MPH.  Usually does 150 shot of nitrous.  For the first time he did a 250.  The cars tires kept spinning and wouldn't hook up at first.  Got quite a distance down the track smoking all the way and when they did hook up the car immediantly shot into the wall.  Mike Warren was not hurt...well except for one jewel out pinched in his harness.  As totaled as the front of the car is he is still going to try to fix it for Speed Week in Aug.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Good to hear he is OK, and that it was not a random failure. He was lucky it was not worse.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.