Waaayy off topic project.

Started by kb426, July 08, 2012, 11:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Bob, several companies have made dual neck models. Without knowing the brand and model, it's real difficult to ascertain a value to it. It's always interesting to look at oddities.

I will try to get some info when their sale arrives ... :idea:

Thanks ...
Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

sirstude

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"OK Guys .... Time for a silly question ...  I know nothing about guitars, amps ,strings, etc .... Never messed with one ...

I usually spend Friday PM "De-compressing" from my work week by visiting garage sales ... Some times good stuff ...Most times junk but relaxing either way .....

Here's the deal ...  Last summer I stopped at a sale, at a place that normally has a sale every year ... One of the items for sale was a "Double Neck" guitar & amp .. The best way to describe it ...An electric guitar with various knobs , switchs & etc like the I see here but with two "Necks" I think you call them ... It was not "homemade" that I could tell ..It had one roundish or oval shaped "body"...  A nice metalflake finish , & two sets of stings  & "adjusters" approx 8" apart coming out of the body ... It was like 2 guitars made into one body ... I assumed that it worked as it was wired to the amp & setting on a chair ready to play .... Not being into playing  music , I did not ask ...

Questions ....
Is it something special ??     Rare ??    
 A 401 booster witout equal  :?:
Something  to pursue when the sale comes back this year :?:    

Sorry for the questions but I prolly would have trouble carrying a tune in a shopping cart ..... :roll:

Bob .... :wink:

Think "Jimmy Page"  6 string/12 string
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

This is the latest pics. The first is in the blonde finish and the second is leftover paint from last summers' bike project. It has a red pearl overlay on it. The pickguard is cut from .071 2024 alum. I think I'm done now.
TEAM SMART

1800guy

Beautiful job!  The shot in the natural light really brings up the colors, too.
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.