Good deed

Started by chimp koose, May 22, 2012, 11:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I got a phone message yesterday from a guy I talked to 10 yrs ago about an anglia he owns. He now wants to sell it.4 years ago I was talking to an older gentleman at the drag strip in edmonton and we got to talking about anglias. He used to race one with a good friend many years ago. As he described the car it was apparent that it was the same car.the racing partner had passed on a few years before and his sons were interested in locating the car. I took the mans business card and told him I would look into it.Yesterday I called him to tell him I had located the car and gave him the owners contact info. The car still has the proper era name and lettering on it.To hear the joy in the older gentlemans voice was a real pick me up. I called the current owner today and he informed me that they had already been in contact with each other . I think I did good!

phat rat

Quote from: "chimp koose"I got a phone message yesterday from a guy I talked to 10 yrs ago about an anglia he owns. He now wants to sell it.4 years ago I was talking to an older gentleman at the drag strip in edmonton and we got to talking about anglias. He used to race one with a good friend many years ago. As he described the car it was apparent that it was the same car.the racing partner had passed on a few years before and his sons were interested in locating the car. I took the mans business card and told him I would look into it.Yesterday I called him to tell him I had located the car and gave him the owners contact info. The car still has the proper era name and lettering on it.To hear the joy in the older gentlemans voice was a real pick me up. I called the current owner today and he informed me that they had already been in contact with each other . I think I did good!

Yep, Ya done good!! );b(
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Good job, some people wouldn't take the effort.  :D

Crosley.In.AZ

yep... good job.  I like to see folks find stuff they are looking for from years ago...  from cars to people.

The end result is not always a happy one like this situation.

I have some cars we built, I wonder where they went, what shape they are in..  couple 69 Camaros, 1957 Chev truck, 1970 Chevelle, 1968 Chevelle
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rumrumm

Good for you! That is how the name "Good Guys" came to be.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

UGLY OLDS

I agree ya done good ..... );b(  
Most people don't " Have the time" or don't seem to care unless there is some kind of reward for themselves ..:roll:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

It sounds like that is a win all the way around.....you feel great, the seller gets what he wants, and the Anglia finds it's way home to a grateful family.

Great story.  Thanks.  Hope it motivates some of us to help out someone who will genuinely appreciate it.  I think most of us here are a generous lot but there sure is a lot of selfishness in the world today.

I think we could start a thread just talking about selfish crap we see all the time.....and it would probably be a long one.
George