Check Up Time...

Started by UGLY OLDS, April 29, 2012, 07:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Time to bring the injuries up to date ...

George ...How are your eyes doing  ??  Did they come back 100%  ??

Other George ....How about your wrist ??  Getting better ???

Frank ...How is your hand ??

Any other I missed ???

Bob ......  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut

ok, the other george is getting along. Still noi a happy camper.

got someone to mow lawn and a lady to housework as long as I can afford it

going to Dr in morning and in the afternoon to windstream office to sign up for 4 more yrs of T1 connection. heh heh I may not live long to renew again.

old Shadow still claims I've been starving her for the last 18 yrs

enjenjo

At least she left the hand. I'm pretty much healed up, it just itches now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I fell twice on Tuesday.  Just stepped on something irregular in the yard.  No liquor envolved either time.  My ankle and foot are black are blue but I am okay.  Like my friend Mark says, " If you are going to do stupid stuff, you had better be tuff."

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"George ...How are your eyes doing  ??  Did they come back 100%  ??

Bob ......  :wink:
Right eye won't ever be back to 100% because the retina was ripped twice through the macula.  That can't be repaired totally but the surgeon did a good job patching and I can see.  Things are just very distorted in my right eye.    I need prism glasses to correct for really bad double vision and I've lost depth perception (makes splitting firewood interesting).

Luckily my brain has compensated, plus I've forgotten what precise vision was like so I have a new "normal" that works pretty well.  I'm still adjusting my gun shooting because my dominant eye went from right to left and I'm right handed.

Sorry for the long answer but it's been a long trip with too many bumps to bore all y'all with.  I just thank God for what I do have.
------------

Quote from: "Carnut"
old Shadow still claims I've been starving her for the last 18 yrs
George, it looks like Shadow is enjoying that big bone.  Just don't fall down and get a compound fracture.  She might see that bone hanging out and gnaw on it. :wink:

Good to hear you're getting along.  There's nothing wrong with having someone else mow your lawn and having a woman take care of domestic things. ~:)
George

phat46

George, glad to hear you can still function. My younger brother is left handed and held a rifle left handed but sighted with his right eye. He didn't even know that was odd till I asked him about it. Good luck!

UGLY OLDS

Good to hear everybody is gettin' back to some what normal ...George ..It is amazing what your brain will do to compensate for something it has lost ... I have been blind in my right eye since I was 4 years old ..I never knew any different ..I am also right handed & fire a weapon sighting with my left eye....( Maybe that why I miss so often  :?:  )  

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****