Hi I am still Around

Started by sal37, April 07, 2012, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sal37

Hi
I have not posted since 2009 but I have occasionally lurked just to see what is going on.  A lot of life has got in the way over the last few years including 5 house moves in three years and a very busy job.  

On the car front my 66 mustang that I purchased off ebay (US) (I am in Australia) is still going with little attention - it is amazing how reliable it is after 46 years.  My '37 Ford Club Coupe has seen some progress - chassis is mostly completed, body work is also completed but I have it in a local rod shop for some further work as I unfortunately do not have enough time to work on it myself but have a plan to drive it to the Australian Streetrod Nationals Easter 2013.

Now that things are moving along with the '37 I was wanting some advice on which company or companies are the best for sourcing reproduction bits and pieces.  Which ones sell cheap junk and which have some quality to them - this car is going to last me a while.

On another note, I am intending to use a T700 pre computer transmission (given the rising price of gas) (the car is more nostalga style so no computer gear).  The motor will be a 350 chev making around 350 but not more than 400 HP.  Any suggestions on who sells a good reliable well built unit would be appreciated.

Thanks for your replies.

Stephen

Crosley.In.AZ

Welcome back... stay around a while.

:wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)