New color for the '40

Started by teal32, January 23, 2012, 06:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teal32

The Boss gave me her blessing a couple of weeks ago to get the '40 Chevy painted. So, I've been looking at hundreds of pictures on the internet to get ideas. I finally came up with the color I like. My question is this: when you guys look down a row of cars at a show or cruise-in, what color gets your attention and makes you want to go check it out? Or, does that even happen? Right now, I get the guys that walk by and want to check out the LS2. I'm not trying to make this a trophy getter (can't afford that), I just want to "stand out" a little. Does that make sense?
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

river1

i don't look for particular colors, i look at build styles. the style i look for depends on the era of car and some eras have more then one stlye i like.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Jokester

Yellow... or orange... or somewhere in between.  I'm tired of red, and black cars (tho they have to be perfect to wear black) just don't ring my bell.

my 2ยข

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

taxpyer

I love those years in two-tone, fenders painted to accent the body.

:wink:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

phat rat

Trends come and go. Paint it to please yourself, not other people. Some people gave me
%$#@ for painting my cpe purple but it was what I wanted and I've never regretted it.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

^^^^^^^^

What he said ...The blue we painted the Ugly Olds fools many people to think it is a stock color ....  Maybe its all the original trim  :?:  :roll:

The stock interior with all the neat stuff hidden   :?:  8)

I did have a guy ask me why I was driving it with broken springs once ... :oops:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Digger

For one thing, paint it something you can touch up if need be. There are a ton of factory colors that look custom nowdays. Any high metallic or pearl will stand out on a car like your's with a lot of round corners (highlights) There are several new metallic oranges and coppers that would stand out.
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

idrivejunk

"teal" makes me think of WA-119B on 95 GM F-body. Mystic Teal. Great for showing off curves. Turned a lot of heads on one of mine.
Matt

rumrumm

The coppers and bronzes I see on newer cars are the ones that turn my head, but ultimately, you have to please yourself.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Learpilot

TORCH RED !!! It still glows even at midnight. The other color that makes a car look like a fine Swiss Watch. That color is Mercedes smoke silver.
That is my two cents worth !
Rick

Carnut

Heh, heh, I kinda like black cars.

teal32

Thanks for the input. The color I'm going for is an Indigo Blue. But we're trying to come up with an close match to a '32 at the GNRS this year. Interestingly enough, this is almost the same color interior I have been checking out.
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid