Its been a long time....Almost legal

Started by 50jimmy, February 09, 2012, 12:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50jimmy

I have dropped by here from time to time over the past 8 or ten years, I forget.  During that time and through all of lives challenges including moving three times, I have managed to get my GMC ready for its first legal trip down the street.  Just thought I would show it off.  Paint is coming, Im stuck between blitz black and hugger orange.

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins

phat46

Very nice and here's another vote for orange, although my truck is both flat black and orange!  :lol: What's left to do now besides paint?

50jimmy

Quote from: "phat46"Very nice and here's another vote for orange, although my truck is both flat black and orange!  :lol: What's left to do now besides paint?

Not much really. I have been having a tussle with the door latches either not latching or not releasing. Dang chinese repops.    I dug my original latches out of the "extra" parts tub and they are in the dishwasher at this moment so I can clean em up, lube em up and hopefully thats the end of that.

I built the 350 myself, with a mildly lopey cam. chevelle disk brakes on the straight axle, firebird rear end,  basically rebuilt or replaced everything as I went along, made my own steel floor. completely rewired  etc..  rebuilt the guage clusters myself.

So really other than taking out a few dents, and some paint  I'm about done enought to be happy for the time being.   I have a 48 f1 that is going to keep its patina and get the engine/brakes/wiring only treatment next.

rumrumm

I've seen a truck like yours wearing hugger orange, and it was pretty cool. But there's nothing wrong with black suede, either.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com