Did a bit of fabricating lately...

Started by My52Chebby, January 09, 2012, 11:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My52Chebby

Started working on the 1952 Chevy pickup truck project again... Before Christmas, we were averaging 2 days a week on it. We got the door gaps adjusted at 1/8"-3/16" all around. Got the bear claws installed (pictures on request) and the power windows are in too.

What follows is the work I've been doing in the shop the last couple of days.

First series of pictures are the steps I took to fit these VW Passat seat back release handles on my truck seat (WiseGuys seat, MUCH modified, some modifications to fix glaring manufacturing errors, some mods to please my taste).

These are the parts I fabricated...

Here is what the looked like during a preliminary assembly (square shafting needs to be cut still)

Next I welded the 1" square tubing to the seat frame, assembled the parts so that I could then measure and fabricate the link rod...

Another thing that I just had to do was to replace the awful looking escutcheon plates that fit around the door hinge coming out of the door jamb on the cab. In this picture, you'll see the mangled existing plate, a cardboard template, a thick aluminum plate buck and the finished stainless steel plate I formed over the buck.

I machined two bucks, one for the upper hinges and another for the lower. They're reversible so I could produce four plates with two bucks...

The plates still need final buffing but I'm really pleased with the progress so far...

My52Chebby

p.s.: Click on the link to check out my project albums : http://public.fotki.com/skylark/1952-chevy-pickup/

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat46

You have been having some fun, nice work!

kb426

TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Excellent workmanship on the plates! That kind of quality work is what sets some builds apart from the rest.