Collections

Started by alchevy, December 13, 2011, 12:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

With all of the picker tv shows on the tube these days, I got to thinking about what all people collect.
I have started collecting the original steering wheels from the cars I buy and turn into street rods. When I get a garage (right now I am just using the garage on the house), I can place them on a wall in order that I bought them maybe with a before and after picture.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

phat46

I don't collect anything specific, but i do collect a bunch of it...you have to walk sideways through my shop and garage! My daughter does have a specific collection however, she collects Bryer horses. ( model horses) She has over 1200, one room in her house is floor to ceiling shelves that are packed.

Boyd Who

I have all kinds of little collections...coins, stamps, antiques, license plates, Hot Wheels and other diecast stuff, etc., etc.

I think if I sold off everything I've collected over the years I could finish the Essex!

chimp koose

I am a very specific collector ,I have refined my collection to just used parts that I think I might need some day.

zzford

My wife says that I collect dust.

papastoyss

I also collect antique toys hence my screen name courtesy of my grandson.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

alchevy

Quote from: "phat46"I don't collect anything specific, but i do collect a bunch of it...you have to walk sideways through my shop and garage! My daughter does have a specific collection however, she collects Bryer horses. ( model horses) She has over 1200, one room in her house is floor to ceiling shelves that are packed.
My wife likes those Bryer horses! She only has a few though. She has been around horses since she was around 4 years old. She has 3 (real) horses right now (one paint, one quarter horse, and a mustang she adopted about 20 years ago).

I have a collection of diecast cars also and I am building my collection of old signs.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

348tripower

I had a collection of ex wives. It became very cost prohibitive. :shock:
Don Colliau

phat rat

Quote from: "348tripower"I had a collection of ex wives. It became very cost prohibitive. :shock:

How do you dispose of a collection like that? Haven't seen any ads for ex wives for sale.  LOL
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

river1

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "348tripower"I had a collection of ex wives. It became very cost prohibitive. :shock:

How do you dispose of a collection like that? Haven't seen any ads for ex wives for sale.  LOL

depending on what she looks like AND how much of your money she has, they'll find a new home :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

Quote from: "river1"

depending on what she looks like AND how much of your money she has, they'll find a new home :lol:  :lol:

later jim

That's a strong possibilty. Of course what if she's not that great looking and doesn't have much money because you didn't have that much to share
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

later jim

I work with a fellow that started fooling around with the  neighbor lady (un-married, lived w/boyfriend across street) .. his wife found out. All said and done the ex moved in across the street with old boy friend of the gal my co-worker was cheatin with.  

the gal my co-worker was cheatin with ,she just moved out in january after 4 yrs and 1 son (oops) with the guy. No news on court papers for child support yet.  :lol:  , he is 43, she is 42 now.  Seems like they would know better behavior?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

later jim

That's a strong possibilty. Of course what if she's not that great looking and doesn't have much money because you didn't have that much to share

then alcohol needs to get involved :wink:  :roll:  :twisted:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

later jim

then alcohol needs to get involved :wink:  :roll:  :twisted:

You need to stop hanging around Karaoke bars.

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)