Goodfellas Yanchep Run 2011

Started by bucketmouth, November 14, 2011, 09:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

My club the Goodfellas HRC had it's annual show and shine yestarday. We had around 250 pre '78 cars turn out for it.
Here's a few pix that I took.

And lastly an aussie muscle car.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Charlie Chops 1940

Nice pictures. I always enjoy them.

I take it that cycle fenders at least are required everywhere in Australia? What is the deal on left hand drive vs. right hand drive? Was there some sort of cut-off or grandfather law that allows some left hand drive cars to continue to exist and all other have to be originally right hand or converted to right hand?

I have a '08 Mustang Bullitt fastback worth, say - $25,000 U.S.. I noticed one on eBay last week in Australia that had 200 miles on it and had been converted to right hand drive. Craftily done, but not by Ford. Buy it now price was $88,000 U.S.. That's a hefty premium  for duty, conversion , shipping, etc. Ya gotta like cars really well to handle that, huh?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Carnut

Really like the 53 Chevy Hardtop and the 32 Dooce Coupe.

bucketmouth

We have to run fenders here in Aust as much as we don't like it.
Now the LHD issue is what I hate more, as it stands at this moment and at least in my state we can't have a LHD streetrod that being pre '49. Any year after that LHD is acceptable. Any original or restored car can also be licensed LHD. In my state at the very least we go through a stringent licensing procedure where we have to go through three inspections at different stages of the build and those have to be inspected and passed before it can be presented for licensing at the DMT. We also have to consult engineers to get approval for some aspects of the build if the DMT asks for it.
The way I look at it if you allow one to be LHD all cars should be allowed to be LHD if all being equal.
One  silly thing about it I drove the car around for two years on permits no worries no problems.
I tested the ruling here in West Aust and lost so  I'm having to  convert my own car to RHD hence the the post I put up elsewhere on here of me doing it.

We cant privately  import anything newer than '84 (87),only dealers can.
There is a company here that is bringing in new Camaros and after the import costs,all the taxes and the $30000 RHD conversion is done you'll be looking at $120000 as the new  purchasing price.
You can see why some one is asking $88000 for an '08 Mustang I would rather spend my money on a new Aust car for a fraction of the price.......that's what the govt and car makers here want you to do . :roll:

Hmmm sorry about the long rant but I all angry about it again.

Glad you liked the pix :D

chimp koose

that 53 chevy is my favorite.thanks for the pic's

Hooley

Charlie, Thanks again for sharing you part of the world with us. I was wondering about the tags on the front of the cars. Are they issued by the  state?  They look cool.

Hooley

Goodfellows are Cool too.
"Just Glade To Be Here"

bucketmouth

Tags I guess you mean number plates. Apart from the boring plates the govt issues we can apply for personalised plates with a range of letters and digits. We can even get plates made in our sporting clubs and so on.
My ones cost $340 for a one off life time custom plate. They are a good money spinner for the govt.
I have the following
9TN23
BLT2GO
OLD34
and when I get my imported 34 coupe registered I will have the same U.S plate that was on the car when I bought it 34SKUNK. 8)

Hooley

Wow, that is costly for a plate.
In Oklahoma I think the plates are around $25 a year.

I have one on a blown car_______HUFFED
A 1953 Studebaker______________ORPHAN

We only have one tag/plate and it is displayed on the back of the car, none on the front.  Our neighbors Missouri and Texas have 2 plates ,front and back.

Thank you,
Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"