Comments from the peanut gallery.

Started by 40_Tudor, October 06, 2011, 09:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

Quote from: CarnutYeah, a Ford in a Ford like this one.

I love that FORD Engine. I got one of those FORD engines in my '40 Ford.
Is that painted Chevy Engine Orange ?
I want to build a Cobra with a Small Block Chevy !!! Never seen one !
There is a guy here in GA that has a '86 Buick Gran National with a L-98 Tuned Port 350 engine in it and he has caught all kind of hell !
I LOVE all cars, stock or Hot Rod.
Rick

jaybee

QuoteThe purist car friends I have that tell me I must put a ford in my model T are too busy putting chalk and crayon marks on the underside/diff/firewall of their restored musclecars to understand the complexity or thought process required to install anything that wasnt factory equipment.

Mmmm Hmmmm.  All well and good for those who really get a kick out of restoration, but in my mind spending $170 for factory correct Boss 429 battery caps (for the trunk-mounted battery vents) or the trouble and expense to build a Bloomington Gold-restored Corvette that can't even be DRIVEN because it would spoil the "production line fresh" status of the restoration just doesn't appeal to me.

Meanwhile the total population of "car guys" is low enough as a segment of the total population that we shouldn't discourage each other with accusations that "you aren't doing it right."
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

river1

Quote from: "jaybee"Meanwhile the total population of "car guys" is low enough as a segment of the total population that we shouldn't discourage each other with accusations that "you aren't doing it right."

YUP!!

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

58 Yeoman

QuoteMmmm Hmmmm. All well and good for those who really get a kick out of restoration, but in my mind spending $170 for factory correct Boss 429 battery caps (for the trunk-mounted battery vents) or the trouble and expense to build a Bloomington Gold-restored Corvette that can't even be DRIVEN because it would spoil the "production line fresh" status of the restoration just doesn't appeal to me.

^^^What he said...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I worked on muscle car restorations in the late 1980's till the crash of that market.  I did the mechanical end of the cars.... under the car stuff and power trains.

At one time I was well edumacated in grease marks, paint marks, up side down marks, nearly hiden marks. tags on stuff , ink printed numbers and markings.

Textures of metal, gloss, low gloss , egg shell gloss  paints

:?:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)