Goodguys in Colorado ( Loveland)

Started by Topsterguy, August 03, 2011, 12:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

A few of us up here in Victoria BC are looking at going to the Goodguys show in Loveland CO next June. Anyone been there and have feedback / thoughts on it?  Looking for a good / convenient / close place to stay as well. Any ideas etc would be appreciated! We'd thought about the NSRA one in Pueblo but balk at the pre 82 rule - who needs the new stuff, pre 72 is bad enough!   Larry
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

kb426

I want to comment on the Pueblo nsra show. In the last 2 years, I've only seen 2 cars that were "out there" There is way more pre 48 than the other stuff. The Goodguys show is great but Pueblo is a really good place to go. The population is around 127,000. It's the biggest small town I go to. Most of the people are really friendly. The fairgrounds are old but well kept. If you can do both, I'd recommend it.
TEAM SMART

Topsterguy

Quote from: "kb426"I want to comment on the Pueblo nsra show. In the last 2 years, I've only seen 2 cars that were "out there" There is way more pre 48 than the other stuff. The Goodguys show is great but Pueblo is a really good place to go. The population is around 127,000. It's the biggest small town I go to. Most of the people are really friendly. The fairgrounds are old but well kept. If you can do both, I'd recommend it.

Thanks KB, it's stuff like that that we want to know!  We know very little about both places and shows, and when you're trying to book hotels etc it sure helps if you know which are good, and close, and which are WRONG! Hopefully this'll get a fair bit of feedback so we can make plans. Thanks again!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

UGLY OLDS

The thing I remember most about the fairgrounds in Pueblo was watching the staff empty EVERY garbage can , every hour on the hour .... 8)
 Something I have NOT seen at any other facility we have been to ..... :roll:   ANYWHERE  ..... :!:

They go out of their way to keep that place clean ..... :b-d:

Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut

I have always liked the NSRA Pueblo show, it's my favorite NSRA venue.

I really miss going there. It can get a little hot there on occasion but even that is a mild hot. And yes the facility is very well kept.

And one other thing is all the nearby tourist attractions of that area. It's almost in the middle of a drivers wonderland.

tomslik

...and i don't think there's a bad place to eat anywhere in peee-blow...

haven't been there in years...
think it's about time for a road trip :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

kb426

If you decide to go and need more info, send me a pm.
TEAM SMART

Topsterguy

Quote from: "kb426"If you decide to go and need more info, send me a pm.

Well we're booked, I sent a PM but nothing heard!? :?

Carnut

Oh a comment on the cutoff rules.

NSRA events are still predominately Pre 48 even though the later models are allowed in.

The Good Guys event's are predominately later models with fewer Pre 48's attending.

So if you are looking for Pre 48's I'd still recommend NSRA events.