Street Rodder Magazines

Started by Bib_Overalls, August 01, 2004, 09:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bib_Overalls

I have a bunch out in the shop and I need the shelf space.  Some other stuff mixed in, Hot Rod, Trucks, etc.  But mostly Street Rodder. About ten year's worth.  If you need one or two specific issues or want them all they are yours for free.  You can come to Jonesboro and pick them up or I will ship for the actual cost.  Post office "media rate" is about a buck a copy +/-.  That is cost effective for a few copies but anything over that and you are talking UPS ground.  

I also have some Fine Home Building and Fine Wood Working magazines that I am going to sell on EBay.  If you are interested I'll give you first shot.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Woody2B

Hi Bib!

I am new here and havn't gotten around to a formal intro, but I saw your offer and would be interested in a couple of the Streetrodder mags.  I'm looking for the issue that featured the Barry Lobeck built, copper colored '37 Ford woodie.  I think it was the December issue of 2000 or 2001, I'm not sure.  I have heard there was also an issue dedecated to woodies around the same time.  Maybe they are the same.  I'm building a phantom hardtop woodie based on a sedan body and looking for all the resource material I can find.  Thanks for your offer!

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "Woody2B"Hi Bib!

I am new here and havn't gotten around to a formal intro, but I saw your offer and would be interested in a couple of the Streetrodder mags.  I'm looking for the issue that featured the Barry Lobeck built, copper colored '37 Ford woodie.  I think it was the December issue of 2000 or 2001, I'm not sure.  I have heard there was also an issue dedecated to woodies around the same time.  Maybe they are the same.  I'm building a phantom hardtop woodie based on a sedan body and looking for all the resource material I can find.  Thanks for your offer!

Did not find anything on the Lobeck built 37. If you can be more specific about dates I will look again.

The May 01 edition has a photo spread on "Wavecrest 2000" with a bunch of woody pictures but nothing particularly special

The Oct 02 edition has a photo story about 47 woodie from Georgia.  No construction pictures.

The Jan 03 edition has a photo article titled "Wood id Good"  Nice pictures but again nothing special.

If you want the magazines I'll send them to you.  About a $1.15 each by media mail.

Or I can photocopy the pages and mail them to you for free.  What a deal.

Jeff Peace, one of the local rodders, has a "woodie" that is based on an early 50s Chevy wagon.  All of the wood is painted on.  Interesting concept.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

OldSub

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"I have a bunch out in the shop and I need the shelf space.  Some other stuff mixed in, Hot Rod, Trucks, etc.  But mostly Street Rodder. About ten year's worth.

I love old magazines.  My office zip is 98370, which usually makes for the cheapest shipping.  Unless UPS Ground is a lot more than I expect I'd be glad to pay that for the whole lot.

Or you can do what I always do...  buy more shelves!

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "OldSub"I love old magazines.  My office zip is 98370, which usually makes for the cheapest shipping.  Unless UPS Ground is a lot more than I expect I'd be glad to pay that for the whole lot. Or you can do what I always do...  buy more shelves!

I'm building one of those all aluminum 61-63 Olds/Buick V8s and a small bell housing 700R4 to baxck it up.  Don't have a real plan for it.  Leaning twords  a little track "T", and I have always liked Henry Js.  So I'll find a home for it.  But, in any case, Moma has put me on a budget.  I can spend anything I want on it as long as I come up with the bucks from a source other than our regular income.  She is * because I have not sold my Beck 550 and put the money into a truck, like I said I would. So I have been EBaying a lot of my old treasures.  Last month I sold about $500 worth of stuff, some of which I have not looked at it ten years. And I am on track to do the same this month as well.  But after that the shop will pretty much be mined out.  

This is more information than you need but sometimes you have to shout it out or you will go insane.  That is why God made the Grand Canyon.

One of the things that I have sold are some old issues of Fine Home Building and Fine Wood Working.  I've been getting about a buck a copy.  Cost about $26 to send 75 to Ohio.  So I'm thinking you should expect to pay 35 to 40 cents each for the Street Rodders and a little less for the others.  I can work up an index if you like and you can opt for what you want.  My point is it adds up fast.  How much are you willing to spend?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

OldSub

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"So I'm thinking you should expect to pay 35 to 40 cents each for the Street Rodders and a little less for the others.  I can work up an index if you like and you can opt for what you want.  My point is it adds up fast.  How much are you willing to spend?

10 years x 12 issues a year = 120 issues
.35 x 120 issues = $42

Assuming they are in reasonable condition that neighborhood works for me.  What do you think?

Probably ought to move this dialog offline.  Email me direct and I'll give you shipping address and you can tell me where to send the money.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "OldSub"Probably ought to move this dialog offline.  Email me direct and I'll give you shipping address and you can tell me where to send the money.

You have mail.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Woody2B

Thanks for lookin, Bib!  I recall seeing the Lobeck car mentioned somewhere in a later issue of Street Rodder and it said see the earlier feature in the Dec. ?? issue.  Thats all I have to go on.  The car has been out a few years, so I thought '00 or '01 was about right.  

Anyone else recall seeing this woodie featured in Street Rodder? I would like to see the spec sheet on it.  I have the Street Rod Builder issue, but they don't give all the build specs.

Dirk35

Darn, If I had read this earlier, I wouldve tried to make way over there. I just went to the public Diamond mine (Murfreesbrough or somethign liek that) and then to Hot Springs for the last few days and got back Tuesday.