Light bar on a 30 Ford with a 32 Grille shell

Started by midnight sun, February 16, 2012, 03:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnight sun

Got a buddy that is doing a 30 Ford coupe.  He is using a 32 Grille shell  and has a 31 light bar but it wont work because its too straight and hits the insert.  Does anyone make a light bar for this application or will he need to modify the 31 light bar?  Any other ideas??

Thanks in advance
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Harry

midnight sun

Quote from: "Harry"A '32 light bar?

Yeah I guess I should have stated the obvious which was to use a 32 bar but he wanted to try and keep the lines of the 31 light bar and a 32 looks kinda "pointy" if thats the right word.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Charlie Chops 1940

It's been a long time - maybe 30 years - since I addressed this issue on a '31 Vicky I built. At that time someone had dropped ends available, so I bought a pair, and cut up a 30/31 bar. The problem as I recall is that a 32 bar won't fit anyway, but the resulting built bar ends up looking a lot like a 32 bar.  All caused by the added amount of the 32 shell in front pf the radiator, an inch and a half or so.

Doing it today I'm guessing one would need to cut up a dropped s/s 32 bar or build a fixture to drop a 30/31 bar.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!