Power Windows

Started by 40, March 01, 2011, 10:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have decided to install power windows in my 37 Sedan project instead of rebuilding the regulators.I've installed power windows in several pre-1940 Fords but always seem to fight the outward contour of the door.....the lower 1/2 of the door 'leans' outward and from the beltline up,it 'leans' inward.I've used Ron Fransis and most recently a Kit from Ball's and with a lot of trial and error have gotten them to work fine......just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for another supplier that might possibly be more suited to this body.I'm getting old and my patience isn't what it used to be!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

NuRelics. I have installed several sets of them, only had a problem with one set, and when I found the problem, more than three years after they were sold, they replaced them no charge. They incorporate the kick back feature for venting, and BOLT IN.

http://nu-relics.com/fc37_39f.html
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Frank.....Thanks for the link.....Looks like a great set-up.Was hoping that I wouldn't have to spend quite that much but if they fit without any modification,it may be worth it.What's another $600 at this point anyway  :shock: My wife is having back surgery tomorrow and if everything goes well,I should have time to give them a call tomorrow afternoon. Is this the set-up that uses original window cranks with a rocker type switch?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

sirstude

Quote from: "40"Is this the set-up that uses original window cranks with a rocker type switch?

That is an option, I got that for my Olds, and someday I will get them in it.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

47convert

It's kind of a shame to lose the vent feature on those early Fords but with AC, I guess it's not really needed anymore. I saw a new set of power regulaters advertised in a magazine today that uses the original regulator and you can even keep the window winder handles if you want. Looks like the motor mounts remotely with a cable that turns the shaft. Just wondering how well they work. I had something similar that I made up myself for the rear windows in my '47 Ragtop a few years ago, but they were a ton of work to engineer and install. It would be cool to have the handles in place and operate the motor from a remote - you'd flip some people out.