Desert car kings

Started by enjenjo, February 11, 2011, 12:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

This is a new show on discovery, filmed at Desert Valley Auto parts. In a sea of stupid shows, this one tops them all.I have watched two episodes, the first I thought was a bit silly, I watched the second to see if I was mistaken, I wasn't.

The first episode they "restored" a 64 Tbird, and kept using a picture of a 59 Tbird for illustration, in this last episode, the did a 62 Galaxy hardtop, and kept showing pictures of a 65 Chevelle to illustrate what they were building. When they found an engine for it, it was a 351M, which they kept referring to as a "351 modified to 400". And they kept commenting on how it bolted right in. The final build pictures had flipped shackles in the rear, scavenger pipes, and 17" wheels. :shock:

The cast is not too bad, outside of the fake drama, but the editing is abysmal. I guess they invested too much money to scrap it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

i only saw a clip online...

during the Tbird auction clip

"This car is completely restored, and all Original..."

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/desert-car-kings-final-auctions/

excuse the 30 second google chrome ads... be sure to have your volume turned down till the video starts...

well... is it restored... or original....

sometimes i am glad i have only broadcast cable for 12 bucks a month.. no cable box..

perhaps they were reading from this book....

http://www.amazon.com/Theres-Customer-Born-Every-Minute/dp/0814479537

phat46

Yup, another show with so much potential that is so stupid, I won't watch it again, I think the Chevelle for the Galaxie clinched it for me!  :roll:

jaybee

Hmmm, too bad.  I thought it showed promise.  Haven't watched any yet, but theyr'e sitting on the DVR.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Roadstar

It's so dumb it's actually funny.

I could't belive they spent all that time and made such a big deal about having to find the original "Badges" for the SS396 convertible they botched together.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Roadstar"It's so dumb it's actually funny.

I could't belive they spent all that time and made such a big deal about having to find the original "Badges" for the SS396 convertible they botched together.

Kind of like watching a train wreck. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

I've watched a couple of them now, wow.  They said over and over that the "351M bored out to 400" was a hot motor, 350hp.  There wasn't a thing said about the internals of that motor, but my memory says that stock they were more like 200.  Mom drove a '76 LTD with 400...it was a real dog.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

And you guys wonder why I spend more time on the 'puter  than by the TV...  I have trouble watching the "Dramatized" news , let alone regular programs .... :?

Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

tomslik

i tried to watch that mess last night....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Boyd Who

We gave up our TV almost 2 years ago due to 99% of the shows being nothing but crap. Cancelled the cable and parked the set in the basement. Don't miss it much at all, except for NCIS. I miss Abby. :wink:

chimp koose

The difference between a 351 and 400m is a half inch of STROKE ,same bore size.I would wonder how good these parts guys are?