I can find parts easier for my older vehicles

Started by junkyardjeff, March 05, 2011, 11:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

My 89 crown vic got hit a couple months ago and have been getting the parts to put it back togather,the only part I am missing is the drivers side headlight bezel and went to 4 junkyards and found nothing.  
All the yards only had one crown vic and they were gutted and if there was one that had the bezels it was a grand marquis or town car,I can find parts for my 65 galaxie much easier then I can this 89.  I looked on ebay and can find just the bezel but no parking light or side marker lenses,you would think that if someone sold the bezel they would have the rest of the parts but they did not.  I know where one is in a yard but its about 70 miles from the house and almost went today in the rain as the one yard would not let me go look and made me wait over a hour so someone could go with me so I gave up and left and installed the radiator I got for free.

wayne petty

sometimes you have to search under every ROCKauto   dot com

1989 FORD CROWN VICTORIA 5.0L 302cid V8 FI (F) OHV : Body-Exterior : Headlamp Door  Wiki   Price
VARIOUS MFR Part # FO2512134  {#E9AZ13064B}
w/quad lamps; LT Headlamp door (Only 6 Remaining)

$10.99
Add to Cart
VARIOUS MFR Part # FO2513127  {#E9AZ13064A}
w/quad lamps; RT Headlamp door (Only 6 Remaining)

$10.99
Add to Cart
SHERMAN Part # CCC43495AL  {#E9AZ13064B, FO2512134}
w/quad lamps; LH door

$28.79
Add to Cart
SHERMAN Part # CCC43495AR  {#E9AZ13064A, FO2513127}
w/quad lamps; RH door

* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 7 business days
$28.99

sherman seems to have 2 of the left sides available... looks cheeper to get them through rock auto,

http://www.shermanparts.com/ecat/base/dropdowns.php?last0=FORD&last1=CRVI&last2=1988&make=FORD&model=CRVI&year=1989

this one might be computer generated... but it looks good.

http://www.crownvictoriapart.com/bodyparts/1990-headlights-0.html

i wonder how creative the kids born today will be with HTML...

junkyardjeff

I forgot about rockauto and ordered the parts from them but I was meaning it was easier to find parts for my 65 then the 89 in my local junkyards,the closest used headlight bezel was over 70 miles away and dont know if its still on the car.  A full tank of gas and a 1 1/2 hour drive plus food would have been the same or more as the new parts so they are on the way and hope to have them before next saturday,now I will drop it off this week for a front end alignment and its done.

enjenjo

To be honest, the Crown Vic was not a popular model to begin with, and it's 22 years old. I bet you could find lots of parts for a Taurus.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

reborn55

Ford doesn't make parts for anything over 8-10 years old..consider it obsolete