Gas Prices up=large vehicle prices UP! What gives??

Started by Arnold, February 22, 2011, 12:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

Sorry for the rant.

Here in S. Ontario..near Toronto..couple hrs. Gas is about 1.15litre.
This is up from 90cents  only a few months ago. That is of course is close to a 30% increase..in only a few months!

About 1 1/2 years ago I was shopping for a large vehicle..used. A 4x4 Burb/Expedition..something large..The prices were about X. Ok..so I shop. AS I shop..the gas prices here go through the roof!. Ok I figger..I will get a better deal. The price of these things used starts going up? ?? wtf..UP?? Yep..waaay up. What is up with that?? What are these people thinking? Is it a haha I can afford the gas so can you..and you want it..so the price is going up. I just gave up looking as the prices kept going up. I bought an old work van. Then of course the price of gas goes down..LOL..so does the price of these big vehicles. Right..sure that makes sense. I should have bought then but didn't.

SOooo..here we are in about last Oct.,Nov.,Dec...I am again shopping for a large vehicle again. The 17 y/0 1 ton work van daily driver is holding tough.but just  a shade long in the tooth..lol. I have a rough idea of what I have to..and am willing to pay. A searching we go.

THEN the price of gas starts skyrocketing again..Oh no..here we go again..up,up,UP!! goes the price of these big vehicles.Just what is going on here?? I surely don't know. I simply cannot imagine ANYONE paying these prices for these vehicles.

Just what is it? Some..sort of mentality that with gas prices going sky high..these sellers are selling the idea again that this is your very last chance for these huge gas guzzlers..one day...soon? they will be gone and you will have missed out.

I dunno..I really did not want to sink money/time into an old work van..but just what choice did I have? Buy a new one maybe. Used..forget it..just too expensive.

ROFL..just what do I have to do here??? Wait for the price of gas to come down and THEN buy one BEFORE the price of gas goes up again and so does the vehicle price.

Rant over

Crosley.In.AZ

well, the past 3 years or so, I have been looking at motor homes.  

I dont have the cash to buy one unless it is dirt cheap... then they usually have a serious problem or 3.  Model yrs I am looking at is 1988 to 1992 class C  and A

The prices seem to have increased on used RV stuff.  These are 20 yr old RVs and the owners think they have gold sometimes
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)