virus warning.... do not open any answers. com search finds

Started by wayne petty, February 21, 2011, 12:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

virus warning...   do not open any search finds at answers.com..

you may see this..

DO NOT CLICK ON  OK .... DO NOT CLICK ON SETTINGS..   force quit... or unplug..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

do not click on it.. force quit your browser...

if you get 2 boxes open..  and that does happen...

it prevented me from force quitting.. i had to unplug the computer to stop the installation...

i got this stupid thing last week... it corrupted my flash player... so i could not get to the setting manager...

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

it actually pasted a flash player image over the settings manager window... so you cannot do anything.. it also changed all the flash player flies to alias and hid the originals...  

i called adobe last week...  they have taken the ...... no more software for anything but dual core macs...

i know that this is not the proper place for this..  but i thought i would post it here as its important... since we are all computer users...

UGLY OLDS

I wonder if that is what took out my "Print Spooler" & caused Norton to shut down my computer ... :?     The computer "Doctor " comes tonight to salvage the pieces ..... :shock:

Bob...... :roll:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

rooster

I dont get that one, but bothers me is these screens that pop up warning you about virues being found in your computer, they do all this scaning without any input from me. When I see them doing there thing I dont click on anything but shut down. Driver cure is one of them!

Crosley.In.AZ

my 10 yr old PC  has the Google re-direct trojan in it.  One of the sites the re-direct virus takes me to is the mentioned site.

I've run endless scans by Malware sites and software.  no results
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dusty

Here are a few hints to combat the unwanted Trojans and malware.  First go to google and get the program, Malwarebytes.  This is free, and all of the computer shops around here use this program.  Then if you are running win XP, and it may also work on other systems, set up a second user.  I have one in my name and Lillie has one in her name.  We both use the one in my name daily.  

When you get one of these Trojans or malware, immediately shut the computer down.  You might even have to kill power.  Usually the trojans will have your system locked up and you can't do a system restore or run spybot or any other anti malware program.  When you bring it back up, open with the second user name.  The Trojans don't affect it.  Then go to accessories, and do a system restore to a couple of days before.  Then when it comes back up, open with your regular user, and do a quick scan with the malwarebytes program.  You have to run the anti-malware program in the user account that was affected.  This will get you going.  When you go to bed, bring up MWB again and do the deep scan....It will take several hours.
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Crosley.In.AZ

I've run the Malewarebytes program multiple times and ways.  In safe mode, in regular mode, quick scan , deep scan multiple times.  The Google re-direct problem remains.

This problem in my PC does not re-direct a search each time.  ALso this re-direct happens in Yahoo search engine , Bing too.

I have down loaded "Chrome" browser and the same results as with Firefox and IE browser
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dusty

Tony...
Have you run the "Hijack This" program yet.  If you run it, then you can go onto their forum, and someone will tell you what to repair in your registry.  Just another aid in getting rid of the Trojan...
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Mac

I recently had to wrestle with a re-directing virus. I found excellent help on the PC Pitstop forum for posting log results from a HijackThis scan. Here is the section for posting.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=25

You are warned to follow only someone with  "Trusted Advisor" status.
I also used them several years ago for another infection and in both cases I  was taken under the advisors wing and patiently guided through the process.  It can be a long process too and your computer needs to run enough to install HijackThis to begin with. My last infection I had to use my clean laptop and transfer logs and results back and forth on a disc. After you get rid of the bugs they can give recommendation for good AV programs to use.
Who\'s yer Data?