Fittings

Started by papastoyss, March 07, 2011, 12:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papastoyss

Would anyone know where I can obtain a metric ( 19x1.5) banjo fitting w/ a barb for -10 hose?  THANKS
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

wayne petty

Quote from: "papastoyss"Would anyone know where I can obtain a metric ( 19x1.5) banjo fitting w/ a barb for -10 hose?  THANKS

19MM banjo's???  are you sure its not an SAE sized...

i should have grabbed the top of the page also...

~~~~~~~~~~

these are parker hose part numbers... so .. you might be able to get them through any hose dealer...   grainger...   possibly a napa store...

do you have an end use??? you might share with us...

is it high pressure...   low pressure...    do you already have a banjo bolt for it...   got a lathe???  where you could whip out the barrel... thread or silver solder in a hose barb????

papastoyss

It's a suction line for a p/s pump on my 40 coupe project. A 3/4 sae nut won't screw onto the original pump fitting & a 1.5 thread pitch gauge fits it perfectly. I don't want to cobble something up, if the fitting I need isn't available i'll mount the pump differently & use what came with it although a banjo would make the plumbing much better.

enjenjo

Doing some research, a 20mmx1.5mm thread is .037" larger than 3/4" and 14.05 threads per inch vs 14threads per inch. That might be what you have. I can find nothing on anything with a 19mm diameter thread.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

sometimes i forget that not everybody has a metric micrometer... or a metric to decimal conversion chart...

how about a application for the pump...  

a picture of what you are working on .. or the part..???  its as easy as posting them to photobucket... then posting the 4th link here...

papastoyss

The threads on the male fitting that screws into the pump housing measure .742 thousandths or 18.88 mm od.Thread pitch isdead on 1.5 metric or almost 16 sae, however a 3/4 sae nut will screw on about 2 turns before it binds.If I could obtain a 3/4 banjo I could probably  run a tap into the pump housing & be good to go. This pump is a aluminum version of the common GM type II found on many GM late front drive cars. I bought it at a swap meet & don't know it's heritage but suspect it's something Speedy Bill has made in China as they show a similar pump in their catalog.

Mikej

I run into almost sae sizes from China all the time.