Older Ron Francis fuse panel help

Started by 47convert, January 23, 2011, 03:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47convert

I helping a friend wire his car. He has an older Ron Francis panel but no info for it. The serial number is 493624. I'll try to call Ron Francis' shop tomorrow. The only question I have is what is the red wire coming out of the top of the panel for? It's labeled "Panel Feed" but... there's two terminals on the panel that are clearly for the battery feed. They're connected together (continuity) and to this additional red wire. They are connected to the hot side of all the fuses that are hot without the key being on, like the headlights, marker lights, etc. The wire I'm wondering about is not on a terminal but coming right out of the top of the panel. Could it be a feed to a secondary fuse panel. I seem to remember Ron Francis offering a second panel for a car that was really loaded with accessories.

crdnblu

They should provide instructions (they have in the past, for me), as well  as register the panel, & all included accessories, to your friend.  All of my contacts with them have been easy, & informative.

papastoyss

Quote from: "47convert"I helping a friend wire his car. He has an older Ron Francis panel but no info for it. The serial number is 493624. I'll try to call Ron Francis' shop tomorrow. The only question I have is what is the red wire coming out of the top of the panel for? It's labeled "Panel Feed" but... there's two terminals on the panel that are clearly for the battery feed. They're connected together (continuity) and to this additional red wire. They are connected to the hot side of all the fuses that are hot without the key being on, like the headlights, marker lights, etc. The wire I'm wondering about is not on a terminal but coming right out of the top of the panel. Could it be a feed to a secondary fuse panel. I seem to remember Ron Francis offering a second panel for a car that was really loaded with accessories.
The panel feed wire is the power supply for the whole shebang. It goes to the battery post on the starter. Do call & get the instructions, they are plain english & will make things much easier.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!