this time a supercharged hot rod stolen in its trailer

Started by wayne petty, January 04, 2011, 10:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

http://auto.ocregister.com/2011/01/04/update-stolen-trailer-found-missing-hot-rod-like-a-fugitive-now/48872/

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=7878053

it seems to be time to start using tandem axle wheel locks on car trailers...  the nice ones that clamp between the tires...

its also time... to start painting the trailer license numbers on the roofs of the trailers...

might even be time.. for trailers ... some kind of wheel lock...  slips in through a hole in the wheel to catch a caliper... so the trailer cannot be rolled .

perhaps... some kind of of locking bar.. that slips through 2 wheels and then tightens together ... that would be faster... it could be on one axle...  like a wide denver boot... when not in use.. stored across the front of the trailer tongue...

even a pair of steel rods...  with a loop on the top of each one... shove it through 2 different holes in the wheel... so it spreads out...  use something like an 800 series american lock on the ring end...

wayne petty

the last thing might be a custom welded triangle cover that covers the hitch completely... pad locks to the frame...

unklian

Quote from: "wayne petty"the last thing might be a custom welded triangle cover that covers the hitch completely... pad locks to the frame...

A padlock won't stop too many people.

Spray it with Freon, then smash it with a hammer. Presto.

wayne petty

anhydrous alcohol over dryice works best... if you want to crack something..   that puts it -109F ....

my thoughts are to secure it... in several different ways as there are more low life's out there now...  who will steal something just to steal it..

thanks for the wheel lock image link...

they just busted one guy in downtown la... stripping copper from an old building...   not an abandoned building.. a 20s building getting restored into living and office space...  his little crew did over a million dollars (as reported ) damage to the electrical and plumbing of the building..

that was the third building they had completely stripped of copper.. and had not been caught by the coppers...

car stuff is even worse..   there was a post on CL wanted about info on a ladys stolen camaro... first gen.. she posted pictures of it...

over in the car parts section.. were pictures of her hood.. complete with the same stripes as hers had.. ...

Crosley.In.AZ

I see an update is posted.... trailer was located , empty
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

I recently drove to Florida for the Holiday's .... Saw MANY trailer dealer yards along the interstate with multiple trailers of all kinds in stock .... Most of the shops had removed the tires from one side of the trailer for "safe-keeping" .. :shock:      
Some had removed ALL the tires & had the chassis's on cinder blocks ... :roll:

Seems like a pain to do when you park, but you cant move a trailer with wheels on one side only ...  Or can you  :?:

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

slocrow

Quote from: "wayne petty"they just busted one guy in downtown la... stripping copper from an old building...   not an abandoned building.. a 20s building getting restored into living and office space...  his little crew did over a million dollars (as reported ) damage to the electrical and plumbing of the building..

that was the third building they had completely stripped of copper.. and had not been caught by the coppers...
Yaknow, I get really mad when I see this kind of stuff. It's the metal dealers who are buying this "scrap". Stop them and you stop the destruction. There's ways. Heck I now can get groped to fly so I know there's no limits............... :evil:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Crosley.In.AZ

This car stolen makes a person wonder what steps were taken to protect the trailer and car from thieves ?

A fellow at work bought a used  2005 Dodge diesel truck 1 year ago.  First accesory he bought for it was Lo-Jak system. There is a key fob thing that has to be near the truck or the starter systems are disabled.  If the truck is stolen the transponder can be activated.

A friend of mine has friends from Canada in town for vacation...  last week they met at a steak house up on Bell road near 67 ave... they came out and the 2007 Duramax truck from Canada had been stolen.  Truck was found stuck in a dry river on south side of Casa Grande AZ.... right in the middle of the traffic lanes for drug runners and illegals coming up from Mexico
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

the car was recovered INTACT... under blankets in the corner of a body shop i think in costa mesa....      there was just a tiny news blip.. returned to the owner..   several people at the body shop arrested...   how many ????

Uncle Bob

Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

wayne petty

thanks for the link....

see what i mean.. a similar stolen trailer was recovered at this business where the car was found a few weeks before..    i wonder what was in that trailer...

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.