32 Ford shocks

Started by kb426, January 06, 2011, 08:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Has anybody compared the Bilsteins from Posies to the normal Pete and Jake's? I have a fairly rough ride and am looking for some improvement on the front.
TEAM SMART

Carnut

Don't have a 32, but I do have Pete & Jakes shock kit on the front of my 40 Ford beam axle and they seem to be working well for me.

Course I'm the kinda guy who likes a lumber wagon type ride.

Now on the back, I got the CE parallel leaf setup and the kits shocks were way to soft for me, so I got adjustable Koni's set on hard on the back and they are also working well, but not quite has stiff as I would like.

Topsterguy

I had the usual P&J shocks in my 32 5 window and it rode rough, so when I was at the LA Rdstr show a couple of years ago I bought 2 fronts from Bilstein and put them on. What a diference!!  I could actually feel the diference as the front then the back went over bumps! So I put new Bilsteins on the back and again, BIG diference. I would strongly recommend Bilsteins and wouldn't use anything elas now.

I also talked to "a big name builder" and he told me he uses Bilsteins on his builds as well over the "usual hot rod shocks".
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

kb426

Is there anybody besides Posie's that sells the correct length?
TEAM SMART