Air compresser's down

Started by rooster, December 21, 2010, 10:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

which head did you take off the kitchen compressor..  any chance that the head thats still on there is good.. swap that onto the dead side of the mounted compressor..

or ..even .. flipping it over.. so the check valves are working in the other direction....

a pucker test might show if the valves hold vacuum..

oh... and california is sending another quick but strong storm to everybody..

should be getting to tony as soon as i post this...

river1

Quote from: "wayne petty"oh... and california is sending another quick but strong storm to everybody..

should be getting to tony as soon as i post this...

yup it's here, lovin the rain. they say it may turn to snow later here in phx.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

wayne petty

the news just announced that tonight the snow level should be down to 2000 feet.. and close to 0 F in the local mountains...

and the sierra snow pack was just measured at +180% of normal...

i hope it helps fill lake mead... i checked yesterday... -133' from full.. just below 40 percent of a full pool as they put it...

rooster

I jury riged the other cyclinder and ran the pump for 20 minutes no preasure! Felt air coming out the intake and that cyc was noisier.

Removed compressor from tank and removed head, Blown head gasket!!!!!(pict)

I see nothing broken, very dirty, Best guess is to clean it up and make a gasket and try it out! If that dont work swap valve plate from other compressor.

Heater is fixed and cycling! YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Above freezing today, tommoro 50's, Friday 60's,Sat back to winter low of 19.

jaybee

Sounds like you have it figured out.  Persistence pays.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

wayne petty

Fel-Pro 3060 Gasket Material pack    $7.99

or....

Percy's High Performance/10 x 10 in. XX Carbon cut your own header flange gasket
Part Number: 68006
Price:$11.99

rooster

The head is not flat, I also checked the valve plate, its good!

Can I double up the gasket for a sure fit?

Head is Alu.

Looking at the blown gasket shows that someone has been in here before, it has silicone and you can see where its been unevenly cut, and made of paper gasket material.

enjenjo

Use a piece of sandpaper on a piece of glass to sand the head flat before you reassemble it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rooster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Use a piece of sandpaper on a piece of glass to sand the head flat before you reassemble it.

That worked very well, Had to cheat alittle and use a piece of flat steel.Sanding reveiled another low spot, I got that to. Took 2 sheets of paper.

jaybee

This time I think you'll find that it's fixed right.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)