How's your gas?

Started by phat46, October 13, 2008, 07:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

Good point!

Advanced auto parts unmixed anti-freeze 11.99 a gal. (house brand) :x

UGLY OLDS

50 / 50 Pre-Mixed at Jiffy Lube ....$8.95 a QT  :!:      Almost EVERY car needs a "topping off"..... :?    Say thanks that we can install our own..... :shock:

Latest  thing is Ford diesels requiring "Distilled Water" in their cooling systems ....( No BS ..It's on a TSB from Ford) .....  Ford truck dealers now sell distilled water at $4.95 + a gallon..  :shock:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Ford truck dealers now sell distilled water at $4.95 + a gallon..  :shock:

PLUS installation??

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

tom36

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"50 / 50 Pre-Mixed at Jiffy Lube ....$8.95 a QT  :!:      Almost EVERY car needs a "topping off"..... :?    Say thanks that we can install our own..... :shock:

Latest  thing is Ford diesels requiring "Distilled Water" in their cooling systems ....( No BS ..It's on a TSB from Ford) .....  Ford truck dealers now sell distilled water at $4.95 + a gallon..  :shock:

While in the Air Force, we used only distilled water and antifreeze in our diesels and the radiators never had that crud buildup that regular H2O had with all it's minerals etc.  I still mix my antifreeze for my own vehicles, but I pay a buck a gallon at the grocery store.  Same stuff my wife uses in her steam iron.  Tom...

Boyd Who

In the summer I dump a couple gallons of distilled water a day out of my portable dehumidifier. I should bottle some up and save it for mixing with antifreeze.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Ford truck dealers now sell distilled water at $4.95 + a gallon..  :shock:

PLUS installation??

later jim

The coolant is another  $13 / $18.00 per gallon or more .... Depending on the shop...
 Labor normally runs $85.00 to $125.00 per hour... Depending on what part of the country....Right now , your area is running approx $90 to $110.00 per hour ....Again....Depending on the shop...

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Rrumbler

QuoteFord truck dealers now sell distilled water at $4.95 + a gallon..  

Man, talk about a gyp; that's almost a five hundred percent markup, probably more considering they likely get it in bulk, or do they just get it out of the hose and say it's the real deal?.

Tom36 is right on about the cost; about a buck a gallon, +/- in the grocery store.

I haven't been out in a couple of days, don't know what the gas situation is here.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Topsterguy

Up here in Victoria BC Canada it's 1.129 / liter so $4.51 for a BIG gallon. Supposedly going up pretty quick though.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Topsterguy"Up here in Victoria BC Canada it's 1.129 / liter so $4.51 for a BIG gallon. Supposedly going up pretty quick though.

Wow!  .....That's $ 4.27 per US gallon!

I guess there are lots of taxes added on in your country/province.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Topsterguy

LOL BIGTIME.......tell me about it!!! Taxes in Canada are REALLY bad and now with the HST here in BC it's unbelievable! Taxes hit an incredible high in BC last July with the new $#$%^ "harmonized sales tax" so people are just stopping a LOT of things. It's so bad that yesterday they said that it's estimated that up to 20% of bars and restraunts will shut in the new year. Oh, on top of that the $#$% brought in new DWI laws - at .05 they can suspend your licence right at the roadblock, impound your car, and it could cost you a few thousand dollars by the time you're done!  BC is NOT a good place to live anymore!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Crosley.In.AZ

Diesel was 3.20 a gallon still....  MPG on the Jetta hit 46mpg  this tank full
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rooster

St. Louis

11/25  2.52 a gal  
11/29  2.79 a gal  
12/9   2.89 a gal
12/15  299.9 a gal  :x

Chevy Volt commercials now on TV!
Assume the position!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie Chops 1940

Back up overnight to $3.04-9/10's for regular. I filled up for $2.86-9/10 on Monday afternoon.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

chimp koose

$1.07/9 a litre. Up $.07/L  in the past month.

rog

My new local (i moved about a 100 miles away from where i was living) jumped up 19c a litre overnight.. from $1.10 to $1.29.