Turn signal BUT no brake

Started by butch27, November 02, 2010, 05:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch27

Can't figure this one out . All of my lights work EXCEPT my left brake light. It is a T bucket (I wired)  '47 Chevy taillights with Juliano Halagon brake and turn signal bulb for those 2 functions only. The running lights come on allright and everything else. The whole housing is grounded well. ?? Oh everything connects to a '65 Corvair column and connector.

enjenjo

Does switching the bulbs side to side make a difference? Does wiggling the turn signal lever make a difference? Is the turn signal switch remote mounted with a cable operating it?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

You've swapped bulbs from side to side?
TEAM SMART

butch27

Swapped sides--still no brake light on left.

enjenjo

Quote from: "enjenjo"Does switching the bulbs side to side make a difference? Does wiggling the turn signal lever make a difference? Is the turn signal switch remote mounted with a cable operating it?

The reason I asked these questions, I may have your solution, but I need to know what type switch it has.

butch27

enjenjo

Quote from: "butch27"Hydraulic in the brake line.

No, the turn signal switch. I assume the power from the brake light swich goes to the turn signal switch first, and if it has power for the right light, from the brake light swich, there should be power for the left light. If it has a  cable operated turn signal switch, I may have the solution.

butch27

Frank: This is the '65 Corvair style column and connector.  No cable. ??

enjenjo

Quote from: "butch27"Frank: This is the '65 Corvair style column and connector.  No cable. ??

Ok, your turn signal switch is bad. In some cases the left stop light will work if you turn the right turn signal on, but not always. In any case the switch is the same for other models, and is still available.

butch27

enjenjo

Quote from: "butch27"Darn it!  Brand new  too.

http://www.corvairkid.com/67-9signal.htm

Instructions on using the improved Delco switch rather than the stock Boyne.

butch27

Frank: Mine doesn't look like that and I don't have the cable type. Guess it's a '64 Corvair.