Goodguys Indy date change

Started by WZ JUNK, October 11, 2010, 06:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

This is probably old news to most of you but the date of Indy's Goodguys will be mid Sept. next year and it will be moved to the infield of the Indy 500 track.  No more drag racing at Indy.  There will be good things come of this but it also means the end of an area and a tradition.  

Even with the terrible weather the last few years, Indy was always the high point of the year for me.  I will regret not going there in the future.  Most of all I will miss our annual meeting of many of you that are on the board.  I hope all of the rest of you will still be able to attend as the new location should be interesting.

In life the only thing that is for sure, is change.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat rat

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"This is probably old news to most of you but the date of Indy's Goodguys will be mid Sept. next year and it will be moved to the infield of the Indy 500 track.  No more drag racing at Indy.  There will be good things come of this but it also means the end of an area and a tradition.  

Even with the terrible weather the last few years, Indy was always the high point of the year for me.  I will regret not going there in the future.  Most of all I will miss our annual meeting of many of you that are on the board.  I hope all of the rest of you will still be able to attend as the new location should be interesting.

John

John, maybe you could combine it and Kazoo in one trip.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"This is probably old news to most of you but the date of Indy's Goodguys will be mid Sept. next year and it will be moved to the infield of the Indy 500 track.  No more drag racing at Indy.  There will be good things come of this but it also means the end of an area and a tradition.  

John

The new date conflicts with Kalamazoo, and the Rebel Run.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

I fear that they are just trading one rainy weekend for another- - LOL. Too darned many shows anyway! LOL.

Charlie sez so!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

GPster

John

By mid-September he'll be hauling school kids around and he be hard pressed to find enough time to enjoy any of it  between Friday night and dawn on Monday

phat rat

Quote from: "GPster"

John

By mid-September he'll be hauling school kids around and he be hard pressed to find enough time to enjoy any of it  between Friday night and dawn on Monday

Joe there is always that thing called vacation time. Although being retired I don't have to worry about that :D
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

WZ JUNK

I am looking at replacing the Indy trip with the NHRA nostalgia event at Bowling Green.  It is about the same distance for us as Indy and the time of year works out real nice.  It will depend on who is going more than anything.  I go to a show to visit as much as anything else.  I do like to partake in other activities too but I spend a lot of time just visiting with people I only see in person occasionally.

We will see what the new year brings.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

57larry

I like the new place and date

slocrow

Okay, I'm confused..................

www.good-guys.com/events/eventsList.aspx?year=2011

This schedule still shows a June Indy.........????????????
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

reborn55

Geez--just when the wife and I decided to give it another try.  Sept. is too full of other stuff.

slocrow

So with Ken not flinching and no one else offering a source for this change info, I did a Google search. It appears that Kirk on the hamb is not the originator of this Indy change but along with the Indy C of C do seem to confirm this change.
I still don't understand why the GG site still shows a June Indy date on the unofficial 2011 event schedule but it isn't the final draft.  :?:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

reborn55

We are headed to Bowling Green this weekend and I will try to approach a rep and see if they can shed a light on the subject.

river1

is it possible that the Goodguys are ADDING a show in sept?

they seem to be adding shows in a couple of other locations

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

lofat46

1st Wix Indianapolis Nationals, September 16-18, 2011, Indianapolis Motor Speedway.  No drag racing, auto cross added, track cruise.  Same weekend as Kalamazoo.